1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GAME] TITANFALL - Respawn Entertainment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Dec 30, 2013.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

While we used to develop in Normal maps and textures, we are doing everything in PBR, which makes it all look so much better.

Our biggest ship has over 7 million polygons, and our player ships are in the 1 million range with interiors and exteriors.

It takes us 3 to 4 months to make one player ship, but man, are they really worth it.

DD

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The game will be amazing, my most anticipated by far.

3. Swishh

Swishh Member

Same, well, my most anticipated 2014 title. If I knew FFXV was releasing in 2014 (which it probably isn't - announced before the ps3's release) then that would be my most anticipated 2014 title.

By the way, I've heard that if you call Hammond Robotics - i think they're the designers of the titans used in this game - they mention something about a beta, so perhaps there will be a TitanFall beta sometime in late January/early February.

4. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Actually did the kickstarter for this. Can't wait to play it.

5. YourSecretLover

Looks great and everything I've heard about this game has been really positive. I'll probably end up getting it on the PC

6. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Just wanted to say, I love my Cutlass. :D

7. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Cannot wait for Titan Fall, this should be the first true next gen experience.

8. ILoveWhiteGirls

How come you stop doing DD's Rockets daily youtube review videos?

9. ILoveWhiteGirls

ANSWER ME DD!!!!!!

10. Swishh

Swishh Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/MrClutch514">@MrClutch514</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Respawn">@Respawn</a> 6v6 is max player count. Turned out to be the best balance with ai for us.</p>&mdash; Vince Zampella (@VinceZampella) <a href="https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/statuses/420731507842351104">January 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Disappointed in such a low player count for a 'next gen' game. I still buying it, but my hype for this game has deflated.

11. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

http://www.titanfall.com/standby-for-titanfall

Is the link for registering for the TitanFall beta. You log in via Origin, so if you have Battlefield 4 on Xbox One, make sure you link it to your Origin account BEFORE trying to sign up.

If you do it correctly, you'll get a "You Qualify!" message after signing in to Origin - like so:

[​IMG]

After accepting the TOS you get the following message:

12. Raven

Raven Member

It's weird, but I'm getting a SWG vibe, looks good, fun for a few hours, but lacking the secret sauce necessary to hold your attention like COD or Borderlands.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

SWG? Star Wars Galaxies? I think your worries are unfounded. Or you can be bored while the rest of us enjoy the secret sauce.

14. Svpernaut

I was an SWG alpha tester, and played SWG for about three years. I also sold one of the first Jedis to be unlocked for a ton of money. I have no idea where you're getting that vibe from - but it is an action shooter all the way. Comparing Titanfall to SWG is like comparing Unreal Tournament to Frogger.

The fact that you think CoD has secret sauce full of replay value has me worried.

15. Swishh

Swishh Member

I did this, but I still don't think I'll get in. That link won't get you in if you didn't initially receive an email.

And Svpernaut, in the low possibility that you get an extra alpha code, since you have connections with Microsoft (although EA is handling this, but still) would you be willing to give it to me?

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

going to get a one just for this.

17. Svpernaut

My connections get me absolutely nothing, so sure :p

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Received my alpha code. Only good til Sunday night.

19. Svpernaut

I'm out of town until next Friday, so my Xbox One is sitting all lonely back in Houston :-/

20. Raven

Raven Member

I got my crappy SW mmos mixed up, I meant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Old_Republic

Looked great on paper, beautiful, amazing starter zones, but lacked that "something" which makes you want to play it for 1000 hours. I'm just not seeing anything in the Titanfall video that looks "addictive" (horrible word, but whatever). We shall see.