1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game] Rocksmith 2014

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 21, 2013.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Nice looking... especially like the pearl pickguard and chrome plate around the knobs.

btw, my Start doesn't have a whammy bar either. Previous owner had the tremolo bridge slammed so the whammy bar would be useless. The guy that set up my guitar told me it was a good idea for beginners anyway... but I may someday have it returned to a floating design since I'd like to play surf.

2. Sajan

Sajan Member

any recommendations on a starter lefty guitar?

3. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Really disappointing, my guitar won't come in until next week. Paid for two day shipping from Tuesday so I could have it by Friday at the latest and play it over the weekend. Flying out of town next weekend, so I won't have much time to play it next week =/

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

No offense intended here, but this seems like complaining for no reason. You posted a pic of a SG you have collecting dust, why don't you play it? I don't think Rocksmith will depreciate it's value. :)

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Thank you. Yeah I've heard it's unnecessary for beginners, and I frankly don't use it often but I don't feel it's hindered me in any way either. Some might say you have to tune more often, but when I play Rocksmith I ususally have to switch tunings anyway.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I would suggest looking at guitar center or musician's friend and just reading reviews. The starter pack I initially got was from fender and included the guitar, amp, cables, and so on. It was about $250 and I'm positive they have a left-handed version.

I don't know if you even really need to spend that much up front unless you want to get a nicer guitar (which I do recommend), I use my amp almost never right now. I will in the future, but it's a non-factor at the moment.

7. chow_yun_fat

It's back in Houston and I live in Colorado. If it was with me, I wouldn't have purchased a second guitar.

I read online that Guitar Center has a string program where it's $20 per year, but they give you $60 worth of strings. Do any of you guys think this is necessary for people who don't play very often?

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Ahhhh I get it now. I was told I would probably need new strings by the end of the first month or so, then I ended up getting a new guitar 3 months later. I had the strings replaced on the new guitar when I got it other than that I haven't replaced any. Frankly I don't think you need strings every month unless you play professionally or hours daily.

9. chow_yun_fat

Finally got my stuff in yesterday and haven't had time to play it, but when I hit the heavy E string, there's a nasty buzzing. How can I fix this or is that how the guitar is?

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Buzzing on the string itself or in your audio? If it is the string, I believe that is normal. That's one reason I got a nicer guitar. The low E string was pissing me off.

#110 seclusion, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  11. chow_yun_fat

The strings. I don't have this problem with my Gibson...of course that guitar is xxx more times expensive, lol.

I'm having the same issue as some other members. The game doesn't recognize the strings when I play them roughly half the time. On my guitar, I have the inputs all the way up. Is there a setting in the game where I can change it? I checked in the main menu and am not able to find it.

Btw, it's nice the game has a built in calibrator. If I knew that, that would've saved me $30 from purchasing one.

12. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Just got it yesterday.

The tuning in this one is far more of a pain than it was in the first one. I'm not sure if it's trying to be more precise, but I had some trouble with it last night. Also, I selected "Learn a song" and it had me play a total of maybe 40 notes in the whole song. It was incredibly way too easy. I'm not sure if it was because I selected "novice" at the beginning or maybe because it was the first time playing the song. I'm hoping it accelerates the difficulty next time.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

[​IMG]

This resets for me every time the game gets to the "Rocksmith 2014 menu". Make sure you set that, and on the advanced tab set it to 48000k.

#113 seclusion, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  14. chow_yun_fat

Thanks, I'll try that next time.

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I gave you the wrong button there, it is the properties button. It should be correct now if you refresh the page.

16. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

If you hit all the buttons it should kick you up a notch or two. Did notice if you were given more by the end?

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

If you wreck a song, each time you play you'll get more notes. You selecting novice likely made you get such a minimal amount from the start. If you hit all of the notes each time it should take about 2-3 plays to get to the maximum difficulty. What system are you on as far as the tuning issue? If you're on PC, try the trick I posted earlier.

18. RMGEEGEE

Thanks for the feedback. It added a couple of chords and one technique. I'll give it a couple goes tonight and see what happens.

I'm playing on X360. My bottom E string might be ready to snap. That's the one giving me the most trouble. I'll see what happens tonight.

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I haven't played nearly as much as I should have as of late, but a friend linked me to some musical theory stuff that should hopefully get me in the mood to play more. They've added a fair bit of DLC (I know having songs I want to play motivates me): System of a Down, Weezer, Disturbed, REM, Oasis, and maybe some others all have had DLC recently added. I'm going to try to keep this bumped at least one or twice a month, maybe we can use it to help keep each other playing.

20. RMGEEGEE

Nice bump.

Yeah, it's tough to stay consistent. With work and everything else, my guitar time is usually spent practicing chords and simple tab music. I guess the biggest reason would be that I need to replace the strings on my electric. Doesn't seem to be tuning correctly... and they're past overdue I'm sure.

I love the mini-games offered on RS2014 though. The one I miss is scale runner.