1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game] Rocksmith 2014

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 21, 2013.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I guess you mean what technique is being used? Is this helpful?

http://m.imgur.com/a/vlxTS

2. gah

gah Member

Not the technique per se, but yeah, the thing is I'm more at ease with tabs and even with a staff than processing notes out of their system (and I don't even consider myself an intermediate guitar player, by the way). Which arcade games help most with this?

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The duck shooting game will probably help. I mean there isn't much to it. It's the strings laid out just like on your guitar with the heaviest string at the bottom because it's considered the 6th string. If you see numbers that's the number of the fret.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Still playing! I'm branching out into playing without Rocksmith a lot more as of late, but I still play it often.

I posted this on r/guitar (on reddit), but reddit seems to be douche haven. Anyway, here's my new toys:

[​IMG]

PRS SE Custom 24 (I switched out the truss rod cover last night, now it has an actual PRS logo, huzzah! [not pictured])
    Blackstar HT-1R
    Crybaby 535Q
    Proco Rat 2
    Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail (I loveee this pedal)
    Digitech Jamman Express XT Looper (It's unplugged because it loops better that way, duh)

5. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

How'd you pick up on familiarizing yourself with pedal setups? I haven't really dove into the technical side of guitar yet (pedals, amp settings, synths)

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Google, YouTube, and Reddit. Playing with the tone designer in Rocksmith was my real start point.

You can play with different pedals and amp set ups, it really helps in understanding the way different effects will effect your tone.

I'm incredibly in love with that amp, it's one of the cheaper tube (valve amps) one can buy (as opposed to solid state amps, which are typically cheaper). Who knew 1watt would be enough power to make you go deaf? Haha.

7. gah

gah Member

Not currently playing because of time constrictions but I wish I had found out about this game way earlier; I'm sure it would have stolen most hours away from Fifa 13 and 14 (several hundreds combined).

Today's dlc (Jeff Buckley) is the most exiting one for me, at least out of those released since I've been following the game.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Never heard his music, I'll have to give it a listen.

9. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Anyone who wants in on the Xbox One Preview which allows for backwards compatability to play a selection of Xbox 360 games, let me know. I can invite friends from the Preview app, add "Groux" on Xbox Live.

10. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

It doesn't work for this game, does it?