1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game plan change? (Bynum)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by megastahr, Jul 26, 2012.

1. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

No I am not lol...if you had read both the article and the comments following you would have known...I am referring to several tweets by multiple sources that said "source close to bynum said he would sign with the rockets" I could only find bill Ingram on my twitter search...but it was pretty accepted on the twitter feed ...which I watch every day and never saw anyone say other wise. Never mentioned THE LIST...actually said that article ... was not what I was referring to at all.. and that I had read that...and it had nothing to do with what I was talking about.

The bynum to houston info was broke earlier...and it wasnt until someone said bynum agreed to sign with a cavs that the interview with the agent and the LIST ...surfaced... it was never in reference to his comments in houston but that he would sign with the cavs....research bro...geez.

2. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

This part I could be wrong on...I forget where I read that he was unhappy...but this was more an assumption then a fact.

I was stating as much of a head case as he is...and the way the odom situation went down...hed likely act the same way.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I am not so sure about that. Bynum might just be more of the same for Orlando, just a lateral move that does not address the heart of their problems. IMHO they really want expiring contracts, picks, cheap young talent and a home for a couple of their bad contracts.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You sure have been a jerk lately. Never before.:confused: If you don't agree with someones post, there is still no need to be childish.
    Sigh, sometimes i feel like this is Clutchfans Elementary.:(

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Says the person who calls people clowns(for disagreeing with him) and Dwight nutriders :rolleyes:

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What was i supposed to do? I was being attacked from all sides because of an opinion.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stop being so childish like you just told me. How about that?

Anyone who wants Dwight in your eyes = not smart, clown, Dwight nutrider, so on and so forth.

Maybe it's best you stay out of the Howard threads. Seems like you're asking for trouble. We get it, you don't want him, you don't want to give up the rooks, whatever the case may be. That's fine. Others want Howard. That doesn't mean they're a clown, they're a dumb ass, or whatever other names you call them.

8. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You right. It means they are not Rockets fans. They would rather watch Howard pout all season than watch the team start fresh.
    Funny how you haven't preached your little sermon to posters who were attacking me. Including yourself. Thats Clutchfans for ya.:)

10. primtim24

Not rockets fans if we want Howard? Why?

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Because getting him is going to set us back further than we are now.

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Wow. I've seen a lot of crazy stuff on this board, but I've never seen anyone go so far off the deep end that they declare other posters "not Rockets fans" if they dare disagree with your view. This is a new low.

Bravo.

13. primtim24

Sorry J.R. but I gotta here this...

But if we don't give up a lot for him, how could it set us back? What If we give up Dallas' pick, Toney Douglas, Martin, Morris, Patterson, and take back J-Rich and Duhon...(Don't know the figures just throwing out a hypothetical)

Everyone seems to be crucifying Morey saying "he's stupid for giving up the entire team and all the picks", but let's be honest with ourselves IF he was offering all of that wouldn't Dwight Howard already be a Rocket?

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't know why Orlando didn't pounce when/if Morey was offering the picks before the draft. I agree, Dwight should be a Rocket if all of that were offered. Why isn't he a Rocket you ask? Because my guess is(and many reports, including as recent as yesterday, have confirmed)that Howard does not want to be here.
    Forcing him here will only be asking for trouble.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

So why isn't he in Brooklyn or LA?

16. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I don't think the rookies' summer league is the factor so much as New Jersey taking themselves out of the race. Now that the only team Dwight wants to go to requires prohibitively heavy facilitation to get him there, Houston is either the team that LA needs to do the deal or the frontrunner if LA can't; at that point it's just a waiting game for Magic management to cave.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why would a Rocket fan want to force a player to come here a play. Knowing that he is capable of leaving the team in shambles.
    From the reports yesterday, he sounded pissed when Houston was mentioned.
    WTF??!!! You are that mad about coming to this beautiful city and making money??
    Rockets fans don't need Dwight Howard to be excited about the team. We are already excited about the team and it's new direction.
    The rest of you can just keep pining over Howard and his fickle attitude.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Because Orlando's first task was to try and keep him. While that was going on, Brooklyn gave up. LA is probably where he will end up.

19. primtim24

IMO it's simple: Orlando hasn't been offered what they want (Bynum with an extension, All of the rockets "assets", or a team willing to give good picks and absorb salary) the Rockets are probably offering the most, just not enough.

And it seems as though Mr. Morey has basically said you can take it or leave it, but I'm not offering any more. And no other team can even offer that.

Its like trying to sell a $5k car and the dealership is only offering a $500 trade-in value for it, you can hold out all you want to but unless you want to keep that diva of a car you're going to have to take what you can get for it. Which in our case is an expiring contract, a late pick, and a couple of young role players.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'm not all that excited about Dwight realistically. Most basketball fans in general would be happy to have him don't get me wrong but with his injury status and where the rockets will be after the trade wouldn't be ecstatic. Bynum on the other hand with us giving up less is a different story.