1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Three

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dharocks, Jul 13, 2012.

1. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I don't expect a direct translation, even season 1 wasn't close to that, but I thought it was close enough that they did a really good job over all. Season 2, both Jon and Dany's stories were butchered pretty bad, and not just because they changed them. They were just bad period. I wasn't a big fan of the changes to Arya's story either, but at least it was well acted overall. Likewise with Brienne and Jamie. Robb's love story was cringe worthy and I don't really see what it added to make it worth changing, and they continue to make Littlefinger more buffoon than political genius. There were some really good parts too. Most of Tyrion's stuff, most of Theon's story, most of Stannis and episode 9 was over all brilliant. I can understand things cut due to budget, but a lot of the story changes seemed to be changes just for the sake of change, and most were for the worse.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C1pbtBX9Kok?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. cdain3

cdain3 Member

4. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Just finished seasons 1&2.

Best show on TV right now, can't wait till March 31

5. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

So I guess a bunch of people snapped pictures of Emilia Clarke getting naked on stage for a scene in Breakfast at Tiffany's?

What a bunch of ******* losers. It's like, a) have some self-restraint, you're at a broadway show not the zoo and b) do you not own a tv? She was naked for half of season 1 of GOT.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Me thinks Jon Snow knows a little something now....

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm reading Storm of Swords now.

I thought I'd waited too long, the GoT Season 3 being so near, but it actually reads fast, despite its 900 some-odd pages. Good-ass book.

The Queen of Thorns shows up early and she'll be an interesting character to watch on screen. Great dialogue.

8. Commodore

new trailer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lCQnSokNfXY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I blew through that book as well. Best book in the series so far imo.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm going to New York in June and just wish that play was still running. It's not supposed to be. Maybe I'll get lucky.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Just reordered HBO. Stoked.

12. Commodore

and yet another new trailer, two weeks away

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wfSXhMzWoA4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Anyone read Feast of Crows and Dance with Dragons?

Don't the stories run concurrently, until, say, the last 4th of Dragons?

Can they be read as such?

Wasn't it a criticism of the two books that the way they're written, you have all of some main characters, and none of others, for hundreds of pages? (Not to derail the thread.)

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I think the real issue was the fact that people waited so long for both books that it was an added annoyance to only have a couple POVs in each. The fact that you'll be reading them back-to-back more or less eliminates that; sure there's no Dany or Tyrion in Feast, but there's lots of them in Dance.

I wouldn't bother trying to read them together, though you probably could.

15. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Another new trailer

[youtube]R4XSeW4B5Rg[/youtube]

16. Entropy

Entropy Member

To be honest I just put my attention on autopilot during their scenes. The actor they have playing Jon Snow just looks and acts like a beta punk b**** that I can't stand him at all. Dany's actress is ok, but like you said, her storylines were bad. I'd say the best scenes were Tyrion's, Theon's, and Arya's.

17. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That line from one of those trailers about burning everything down if he could still be the king of the ashes is a good one. I don't think that was from the books, though I suppose it could potentially be a line directly from George RR Martin if it was from the episode he will direct.

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Looks like the budget is going up from that footage.

19. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I haven't heard anything about the budget being increased, but alot of the budget from last season was soaked up by the battle in episode 9 Blackwater. Perhaps this year it is just spent more evenly across the board. Season 1 had all the battles off screen, I won't be surprised if that is how season 3 handles them as well which gives more money to spend on other things.

20. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Fan made Princess Bride Game of Thrones video (warning: minor extremely vague spoiler for season 3 at the end):

[youtube]AFOXCfoKO1k[/youtube]