1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Three

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dharocks, Jul 13, 2012.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The comments on the "boy" casting has me wondering if they're going to announce the castings, or even cast, the rest of the brotherhood. Lem, though not a big character, was another favorite of mine.

Sadly they'll probably have to do a lot of cast compression, but even with that, I can't imagine less than 30 featured actors by the end of this season.

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Ciarán Hinds (Julius Caesar on Rome) has been cast as Mance.

[​IMG]

Apparently McNulty from The Wire turned down the role because he didn't want to go to Iceland.

Since I don't think we're gonna see any Martells this season, I think the only significant roles left to be cast are Daario, Vargo, and maybe Belwas and Brown Ben Plumm provided they aren't cut.

3. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

If Belwas is cut they are making a huge mistake. He would have been great comic relief.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

show is good, but the books are FAR superior. A lot of things really started to tick me off about the show but it was still one of my favs.

5. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i think season 2 will make a lot more sense when the series is over, when i watched the wire a couple of years ago, people warned me to go through the entire series even though season 2 sucked so bad, but i loved season 2, thought it fell right on in place, i think (hope) we'll look back on GOT season 2 the same way

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I figure this belongs here as much as anywhere else:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vEg4SEch27w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. GangnamStyle

GangnamStyle Member

Not sure if posted, but these videos made me laugh my ass off. Spoiler alerts!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oCruJzlWefE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/63lE2ns_vUY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Miss this show. Can't wait for season 3. Nice RPGs ^

9. JD88

JD88 Member

lol. i laughed

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I just caught up, but reading this thread with blinders on, expecting spoilers.

regarding the 13 or so new cast members...does anyone else find it hard to keep up with the characters in s01 and 02?

I think the show needs some reminders that fade in and out as a main character comes on screen...like how reality shows like The Hill did. lol. yes, i had to watch that show with an ex gf.

The Hill would have minor text fade in and out of the shot that said

Ken
    Amber's new boyfriend

That helped. Thrones could do something like

Jaime
    Cersei's Brother
    Yes, they are lovers, weird, right?

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

If you only watch the show then maybe it's hard to keep up with the new characters. Maybe from reading it, with GRRM fleshing out each character better, you can keep up with double the cast you've seen.

The shows already done things like name changes for clarification. Robert Aryn is Robin, Asha is Yara, Rob's wife is some random chick. Or like with Brienne, she seems pretty minor in the show but she gets her own chapters in the book.

12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

He was awesome in Rome, but I was expecting a much younger guy for Mance. As I'm typing this, I decided to see if they casted Val, because I wanted her to be a jawdropper. This Stephanie Blacker was cast in an unknown role, but she fits a strong description of a wildling we all know.
    [​IMG]

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

so, before I partake in this thread more, can someone tell me if there are exposed spoilers for next season? I mean, even if you say there is a new queen, or princess, or walking dead warrior not on snow, that can mean someone dies in the first show, or something gets breached? y'know.

The new characters in and of itself can be a spoiler, because that usually means something in the script/book changed.

maybe I should not read this thread. :(

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Apparently their first choice was Dominic West, but he turned them down because he didn't want to work in Iceland

15. Grumbler

Grumbler Member

bump... don't want to buy the videos from amazon. any streaming like netflix that offers this show?

16. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

just dont click the spoiler tags, and dont go read season 1 or 2 thread, and definitely dont read the spoilers thread

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

If you can't wait to find out, get the audiobook of Book 3 (Storm of Swords), it essentially picks up where season 2 of the series left off. Listen to it in the car or at the gym.

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I wouldn't have been a fan of a gruffy Mance at any age. I thought Mance's character depiction was supposed to emphasize how he's not typical free folk.

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

hbogo.

ask a friend or family member for their account if you don't get the cable service.
    or just set one up for them and share it.

many viewers are eligible for an account but haven't set one up yet- it's free to HBO subscribers as long as their cable provider is signed up for the program...

20. TheresTheDagger

I recently moved from Texas to Montana and for whatever reason, they don't carry HBO GO here. I miss it!