1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. The Stig

The Stig Member

So, I don't know if this has been revealed in the books yet but with this upcoming Trial by Combat for Cersei versus the Faith Militant, who exactly is the Faith Militant going to choose? I'm having trouble putting names on a paper for who the FM's champion is.

If it's revealed in the book, let me know and keep me in the dark on it. Thanks in advance.

2. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Why is this in spoilers? It is just theorizing over what might happen. Nobody knows what happens.

I would really not like it is Bran somehow caused the madness in the mad king (like he did with Hodor). Numerous times we have been told that the Targaryen have crazy in the family (possible as a result of the inbreeding).

It is not revealed in the books. But my personal theory is that it will be the hound (Note that the situation of the hound is the same in the books as in the show, he seems to be dead). But for the people who have read the flash thread know how well my theories work out:(

3. Pete the Cheat

I spoilered to avoid the complainers...so to that end:

The Hound theory was based on some book tidbits...with the show seeming to take its own direction, and no similar allusion being made I am starting to question if that's the direction they'll go. would still be fun to see the Clegane bowl

based on this weeks twist with Tommen backing the church, it has serious repercussions for Cersei's trial. He has basically pitted himself against his Mother if she is to continue with trial by combat

Prior to the turn it would have made alot of sense to pit Lancel against the Mountain and put Kevan's loyalties to the test...

4. spankz141

spankz141 Member

My theory....FM will choose Loras to fight in the trial by combat.

5. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Maybe Tommen:grin:

6. Pete the Cheat

crossed my mind as well...

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Wouldn't he have to volunteer?

8. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Yes you have to volunteer.

9. smr6

smr6 Member

That's what I was thinking as well. Maybe he would "repent" and they would deem him offering himself up for combat as his way of completing his forgiveness.

10. MystikArkitect

Too many scenes this season with Tommen going against his mother.

1. Scene with Jaime where he was complaining about her.
    2. Him locking her in the room
    3. Him asking her why she didnt like Margerye
    4. Him siding with the Faith Militant.

Thinking that this will not end well for her, pretty sure Tommen dies before her though. Maggie called it.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

In the books, how good a fighter is Loras? Is he capable of defeating the Mountain in combat? He out-jousted him in Season 1, iirc.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is good but . . . . ..
    I'm spoilering this because I don't remember if it was in the book or on the show
    but
    Little Finger explained that Loras used a Mare in Heat to cause the Mountain's horse to go crazy. At that point unmounting him was not that hard.

Rocket River

13. Nero

Nero Member

Regardless of that, Loras was always a complete badass.

However, considering the condition he is likely in after being held prisoner with no food or water really for who knows how long, I doubt he would be able to fight.

Anyway, Loras was considered, as far as I could glean, to be at least the equal of other great current fighters such as Jaime or the Red Viper.

So, in a fair fight, against NON-Zombie Mountain, I would give him a fair shot. Heck, the Red Viper took him down easily, he was just so STOOOOPID about what happened right after.

No idea really about how anyone would fare against Zombie Mountain.

Hehehe might be interesting seeing Brienne take on Zombie Mountain..

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Makes sense. The only other characters even associated with the Faith Militant is the High Sparrow and Lancel. High Sparrow obviously can't fight (though it'd be hilarious to watch Zombie Mountain pound him into the dirt). And Lancel I don't think can fight either -- he's mostly just a court gentleman.

15. Pete the Cheat

didn't he lose to Brienne in the melee for Renly's color guard? the show hasn't done a good job building him up to be much of a fighter...

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Not sure how he ranks in show, but books hes nothing too special. His brother is considered one of the best in the kingdom.

17. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Unsure if this has been posted but it's hilarious... must watch. Game of Zones.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oyDf_RKmDnE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NkegcHB3YjQ?list=PLn6yDpEottdjstYG8BCxs43K007Gj45qf" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Can Zombie Mountain beat the Mountain, though?

I'm assuming he might be slower with less mental game, although Mountain wasn't known for speed and tactics, rather strength and reach. Still have to believe Mountain would beat ZMtn, so maybe lessor fighters can take down ZM.

btw: I see an even more intriguing plot with Loras volunteering to fight as his punishment. Maybe the Tyrell's convince Cersei to order ZM to lose to save Loras and then they rescue her later, in a glorious battle against the FM. That would be great TV!! But I'm mainly considering this because otherwise the Tyrell's would be at odds with the Lannisters to allow ZM to kill Loras...Basically a Cersei vs Loras battle becomes a reason to conspire together again to fight the FM. Recall, Tyrion had plenty of time after Mountain won for a rescue/escape.

And an alternative is Loras volunteers and Cersei orders ZM to attack the FM during the figtht, and the Tyrell's launch a rescue at the same time, since that would put Loras in the best position to be rescued.

Something tells me ZM doesn't really have a mind of his own anymore, and Cersei maybe can tell him to do anything.

#1519 heypartner, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

ZMountain cannot die . .. or i'm assuming he cannot
    So he might simply outlast you

He moved pretty quickly with the guy that was bragging about what he did to Cersai during her walk

Rocket River