1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Right but why will she be in one?

2. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

She still has to "atone for her sins".

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The flashbacks are cool, but are we supposed to know something from previous episodes that makes them significant.

What is the significance of Bran knowing that Eddard didn't kill the mighty swordsman afterall? Other than Eddard is not the badass of legend, is there something in the previous seasons that would make this info relevant to Bran or important for Bran to tell someone else? Like, "if only Jon Snow knew his father wasn't such a baddass afterall. Or the Umber's might not have such fierce allegiance to House Stark if they knew ..."

Or are all these flashbacks just for our sake, so we know more about Trident and TOJ like the readers?

4. heypartner

Regarding whether the head of Shaggydog is big enough: I thought it was big enough. But I always thought the direwolves were disappointingly small in the show from what book readers said about them.

fwiw: the TV show's direwolves are accurate to our fossil record of them. They are not that much bigger than current wolves.

Here's some images

Shaggydog and Summer

[​IMG]

Greywind

[​IMG]

Greywind's head on a stake

Spoiler for size

[​IMG]

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Specifically on shaggydog, the actor that plays rickon confirmed that it was shaggydog

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Guess we'll have to watch to find out

7. heypartner

Yeah...I thought maybe there is stuff in the previous seasons regarding Eddard beating the Sword of the Morning...ie regarding the stories that Bran mentioned. Little stuff like that is something I miss or forget easily.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah there's probably something about that in previous seasons, I don't remember either.

I'm thinking/hoping that the flashbacks are leading to the revealing of Jon Snow's parents.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Considering how the show presented the flashback, it's funny that the books specifically mentioned Bran reminiscing about his father telling him that Dayne would have killed him had it not been for Howland Reed.

I think the dialogue was specifically chosen to instill doubt in show-watchers about whether everything Ned Stark said was true

Plain and simple, it's a set up for the Tower of Joy reveal

------

Here's a nice video depicting the main source of info about the Tower of Joy, Ned's feverdream

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Nqv-UtJQk5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No spoilers, as the show has presented pretty much everything in this scene and more

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I don't think there was anything in the show about it. As the producers (or whoever the guys on immediately after are) said, it showed Ned Stark to be imperfect. I think that was purely the reason for that portion of the scene. To show he isn't always fully honest about everything, which obviously plays into the primary theory about Jon Snow.

12. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Absolutely.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Maybe this is more clear in the book, but the Church has the sympathy of the masses. An army can defeat the Faith Militant, but the populace would be outraged.

I wouldn't think getting the King's order would be hard for Cersei. He doesn't know what to do and doesn't want to be in charge. He trusts his mother. And, he loves his wife who has been imprisoned. Cersei could easily say, 'Ok, here's the plan, we'll march in the army, kill all these bastards and get your wife back.' And he'd say okay. If Margaery ends up dying in the process, well Cersei never liked her anyway.

That doesn't seem like a very sporting thing to do for a person who supposedly loves the gods and is trying to be good. Of course, people manage to justify all kinds of things to themselves.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Did anyone else who knows Tyrion's conversational ability and knowledge of the game, catch Tyrion finding out that Greyworm's loose lips are giving patrol information away to Missandei? Then he acts uninterested, and suggests a game, and Missandei says "my master" used to make us play games.

Missandei revealed she considers herself a slave and not free. It also shows us that she is getting the information needed to murder the unsullied on their patrols. Tyrion is no fool and likely took this information into account, while acting the part of a clueless drunk who just wants conversation and games.

15. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

That's an interesting theory. Re-watched it just now and I don't get the feeling that that is what is happening, but I do like the idea that Missandei and/or Greyworm are behind the Sons of the Harpy.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I think that'd be a strong theory if the Varys sequence hadn't happened. It would make a hellva twist but both seem devoted to Dany since the start.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

She was referring to her former male master who made her play sex games. I think you are reaching when saying she still considered herself a slave

Not to mention both she and Greyworm have gone through a ton and put their life on the line numerous times for Daenerys. Them turning on her now doesn't make much logical sense, making them flip on her would seem more like shock value at this point

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Theory (completely unsubstantiated of course) that I read a while back was that Missandei is actually one of those assassins like Arya and the girl that threw the snake towards Danny at Quarth.

Its pretty far fetched but who knows.

19. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

I agree. From a show standpoint, it actually might be something that should happen just to spice up that storyline a bit. It would also tie into Dany being humbled this season. All her titles mean nothing, her "devoted" followers betray her, and in the end she is rescued by the man whom she dismissed. Khaleesi deserves a kick in the pants at this point.

20. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I think it is mostly that Ned lied. And if he lied about this what else did he lie about?