1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Been a while so I can't quote stuff verbatim....but there are SO MANY unnecessary turns in Feast and Dance. It served no purpose, and I don't mean all the characters that aren't in the show...but the majority are just to add pages.
    Maybe Martin shouldn't spend 5 pages describing how gamy tasting mutton thats 5 days old tastes, or rape-but-not-rape-kinda-sorta scenes in that length also.

His obsession with trying to be like Tolkien and hitting that 7 book mark is what is to blame. He could condense Feast and Dance into one book, and if the next one is just filler so he can get to the 7th I will probably give up reading it.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I think there is definitely more to the Umber angle.

You're telling me you are in possession of last full-blooded male Stark and you just hand him over because you want some help against wildlings led by...wait for it...the Stark b*stard?

Either incredibly poorly thought out or a definite double-cross.

As for Jon, what really stood out to me was him saying that there was nothing after he died. No old gods, new gods, lord of light...just nothing.

Perhaps this was enough to be perceived as a "new beginning". The old Jon and all his obligations are over. He will do what he wants to do (take back Winterfell).

3. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

absolutely badass.

"My watch has ended"---walks out.

I'm sure a lot of the viewers left puddles in their seats.

4. shastarocket

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-vcQdcaYPA0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. shastarocket

Anyone else have their eyes roll to the back of their head when Pycelle farted?

I swear, some of this stuff is horendous

#645 shastarocket, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  6. TheresTheDagger

Are we just gonna let the most baddass sword fight in the shows history be forgotten?

(I kept waiting for the song: "Duel of the Fates" to start up)

7. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Remember how bad the fight scenes looked in the first 2 seasons? It was painful to watch : Frame 1- HACK -----Frame 2- Show person getting sliced.

I guess thats what comes with a bigger budget.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Overall just an OK episode for me.

9. dragician

dragician Member

too many characters and storylines to show in 1 hour.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That's exactly what I told my friend when the show was over. It really is though. It's not enjoyable to see each storyline only once per episode.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I almost think of the Theon/Sansa storyline from last & this season as a reuniting of Stark children to a certain extent. Theon was pretty much a Stark child as much as anyone.

However that storyline didn't happen in the books that way and it wasn't even Sansa at all in Winterfell.

The big build up for this season seems to be Jon Snow vs. Ramsey so in that big standoff there must be Stark involvement outside of just Jon. Obviously Rickon will be involved now. I would think that Sansa will be key in whether or not Jon is successful in this battle over the Boltons... however it shakes out.

12. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Even though that MFer Olly got hanged, it felt a bit unsatisfactory as the little **** was mean mugging till the end. Still good enough. Kinda weird that GoT has made me happy to see kids die.

1 person likes this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think Jon needs to learn something before he acts. If they have a scene lets say in the opening of episode 4 where Davos comes to him and says "whats our next act" Jon will probably not really know.

My guess is Ramsey sends a raven to Castle Black that he has Rickon and that gives him reason enough to act. Ramsey would probably love to get Jon out of Castle Black where he's easier to defeat if Jon attacks them rather than vice versa. If Sansa shows up then its even more reason for Jon to act.

I think Davos will play a large role here in shaping a clear direction for Jon. As you mention the White Walker threat is looming, and his goals for taking over Winterfell might have more to do with unifying the North to defeat the walkers than anything.

14. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Got excited when they showed the flashback with Sansa and LF in the crypts of WF talking about Lyanna. Really thought we would get the big reveal but nah we got c***k blocked by 3 eyed raven on that ToJ scene. I like how the 3 Eyed Raven conveniently tells the audience, hey look that's Howland Reed (Mera's father). Arthur Dayne lived up to expectations, 1v4 like a champ.
    5th ep is called
    the door
    I think we will get the reveal here.

Can't believe Umbers handed over Rickon... hoping for a double play here.
    I think D&D did this to advance the "b*stard Bowl".. we'll probably get a version of the Pink Letter but including Rickon in it.

Honestly, even as a book reader there seems to be way too many storylines. Or maybe we always had too many story lines but since I knew more or less where the story was going I could keep up with it.

15. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Lol, thats how I feel. Haven't read the book, but I feel the stark name is cursed.

16. playlife

playlife Member

What's up with Daenerys not showing her t*** again..:(

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

18. dragician

dragician Member

..and do they really need that one minute scene with Tyrion joking with the unsullied couple while waiting for Varys?!?

19. The Stig

The Stig Member

This. When Ramsey told the Umber guy to bend the knee for the new King of the North, he didn't do that. Something feels off about the entire scene. Also thought that the direwolf's head is kind of too small to be a direwolf? In the end, they either do the predictable and kill of the Stark again or this some sort of elaborate "destroy from within" kind of plan. My hope is for the latter.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I got so hyped for a northern alliance after the old woman told Sansa the north remembers and then when stannis got the letter from bear island.

Womp womp.