1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Yeah, the day before. Also, when deciding how to kill him I'm sure someone could have told Sansa that Ramsey's hounds hadn't eaten in 7 days.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cC0keDGobck?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

That's probably fair. If your saying he was going to loose a whole volley eventually anyway if he missed.

Of course, they did the dramatic thing and had him ALMOST at Jon. And it's not like he had the volley come one second after that. So he really did almost screw up said plan, had his last shot been off - what if there was a random wind gust.

But in the event that Rickon just ran out a bit and started zig zagging, I get the argument that he could have just unleashed the whole volley.

Obviously, we/I have the benefit of growing up having seen various scenes like this play out in shows, so having thought about it.

Certainly I would have at least looked over my shoulder once or twice or pretty regularly as I was running away...

Just think the same effect could have been had if they brought Rickon out halfway, ordered Jon to come get him, set up a makeshift hanging, something like that, so Jon would have had to run out and get him type thing. Same effect, less of this "toying" thing which will never be done better than that one scene in Apocolypto... lol... hey, that was a badass scene!!

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is exactly what I was thinking of...lol

DD

5. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

In the books Thoros of Myr can only bring one person back to life at a time. I would assume it's the same with Melisandre and that if Jon is alive she can't bring someone else back as well.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Don't forget that Dorn is under the.control of women.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Jon does an incredible job of getting showered with arrows but not being hit, and of being in the middle of a crash of two cavalries without getting touched. I'm actually not nitpicking or complaining about it. I wonder if the show is going to leverage it later for his sort of continual immortality -- I can see a Red Priestess saying he was saved in that battle by the Lord of Light. If there was real narrative work that was done by the prolonged battle sequence, it is that Jon miraculously got through all of that without getting stabbed, and was buried again in the bodies of men before another sort of resurrection when he finally manages to rise up again and breathe.

Kinda stopped reading somewhere in the second paragraph.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The whole point of the fight was that he got lucky as ****. So, yeah...saying that all of the arrows and what not missing him was "miraculous" is kind of missing the point -- it was supposed to be. In movies like Fast and the Furious when Vin Diesel "miraculously" doesn't get hurt jumping off of bridges and landing in cars in mid air etc, it's just flat out stupid and far fetched.

Yeah, odds are Snow would have gotten hit with those arrows if he were anyone else (or if this were actually real life for that matter), but he's Jon ****ing Snow (and this is a show on HBO). He was resurrected for a reason, and it wasn't so he could die fighting for Winterfell obviously.

9. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

I forgot about that in the books, maybe it's possible they still separate the two.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

So let me get this straight.

- Bran paralyzed in the pilot
    - Benjen is killed by White Walkers in Season 1
    - Ned losses his head at the end of season 1
    - the Starks home is captures and burned in season 2
    - Rob, Cat and Grey Wind are murdered in Season 3
    - Sansa is forcibly married, raped and tortured in Season 4
    - Jon is murdered in Season 5
    - Rickon is murdered in Season 6

Finally something goes right for the Starks and it was predictable? Seriously? Was there ever any point in the entire series where something good could have happened to the Starks where someon didn't complain that it was predictable?

I think anyone who says they never considered Jon would die during the battle is lying.

11. nono

nono Member

If Jon Snow died I'd have probably stopped watching. Without him the show is just too cynical. He is the only hero in the ordinary sense of the word. All the other characters are too conniving and mean spirited imo.

12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Everyone knew jon wasn't going to die just like everyone knew jon wasn't dead at the end of last season.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Benjen isn't dead...

I also tend to agree with Tallanvor, I'm a casual watcher and even I knew they were going to bring Jon back. Melisandre showing up at Castle Black the same episode was a bit too obvious.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Rickon never had a POV , forgot about that. Seems that tyrioin, danny, arya, jon, (sansa maybe), bran will all survive.

So 2 stark children have been killed so far. The youngest, and the oldest.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

So the main protagonist living is a surprise to you? (yes, Jon is probably the most important and main character of the series)

Some of you are pretty ****ing stupid and must be terrible to be around in real life. I can't count how many battles have gone against the starks or for Ramsey et al over the seasons and it was getting to the point that the unpredictability was getting annoying. For once they treat it like they should be and people complain.

1 person likes this.
  16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Preach.

Repped.

17. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I think it would have been interesting if he died during battle but was resurrected again by Melisandre. I liked the one bit of dialogue between Jon and Mel about being resurrected again to which Jon replies, "What kind of god would do something like that?" And her reply is, "The one we got." I guess I liked the parallels drawn when I hear people ask what kind of deity would let so many human atrocities occur over the course of history.

18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I read this was an inspiration for the battle.

[youtube]woq2oj7mwkc[/youtube]

19. conquistador#11

what is this is history stuff on the history channel? :confused:

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Why would Jon want to fight Sansa? He wants to ghost real bad at this point and is sick of politics. The only thing holding him is his commitment to his family. He thinks his men can do just fine on their own.

How could a horse outrun the salvo with an extra 100+ lbs on him?