1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I thought they were just first cousins with both fathers being brothers. Tytos and Jason were brothers

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jason_Lannister_(son_of_Gerold)

2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Talk about incest, got dayum, her gay ass brother could've been wrecking it but NOOOooooo I like boys bleehhhh!!

Tommen, you lucky fk. I'd crawl backwards through a cornfield to use her ass a pillow for one nap.

I read an article that says ice dragons are actually a thing in the books and they're much different. Ok ok, it wasn't ice, it's some undead magic fire.

I still wish the night king would speak one word. Always mad doggin everything just isn't doing it for me, even if he won MVP.

Isn't the mountain on aryas list? I have a feeling clegane battle ends with the mountain winning, arya using the hounds face and killing ol dead eyes.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Either way, how do they not need that thing? Maybe if they kill the White Walker that created wight-dragon first?

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all think the White Walkers and their agenda get fleshed out next season or is what we have to work with what he have to work it... I'm thinking the Night King will talk at some point. And maybe we get flashbacks.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. don grahamleone

I'm not allowed to misspell a douches name?

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not If it is the name of the true Geoffrey.

[​IMG]

7. don grahamleone

Am I the douche then for not knowing who this guy even is?

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

There is so much focus on how to kill a dragon, we forget that the question was first asked when all three dragons were on the same team. If Cersei had dragons all this time, we would have already discussed aerial combat -- Dragono-a-dragono -- and seen it.

Obviously, a dragon can kill a dragon with its teeth.

Drogon and Rhaegal can take down Viserion with a death grip to the neck, from an aerial dog-fight between dragons (2 against 1). I think an aerial battle would be spectacular....especially if they get the Dunkirk director to choreograph it. But they'll probably do it via humans killing him with a dragonglass-tipped weapon, or like you say, killing the NK.

So, just pointing out there are 3 ways to slay a dragon, not just the popular two being discussed.

btw: I'm pretty sure I heard in Ep4 that Qyburn made more than one scorpion. There are several positioned as defense throughout KL. Anyone else here that?

Another tidbit: Books never actually said Dragonglass could kill wights, but I guess they can now for sure. Aside from Jon's demonstration, Jorah killed the Bear with his dragonglass, too.

Yung-T likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would be quite revolutionary yet comical if they could talk at some point.

They seem to be telepathical or communicate with one another by magic of some sorts.

#1790 daywalker02, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How does she even adjust her height to that of the Hound or other taller characters?

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Pretty sure, there needs to be a better explanation and these guys also seem to possess more intelligence than first expected.

Not buying the rumor one can read online, but there has to be something more to their backstory.

13. don grahamleone

Killing a wight-dragon will be different. We know that normal wights need to be burned, dragonglassed or have their master killed. I'd assume if you cut the head off the wight-dragon, it's body could still function like that wight that had the hand that kept moving. I have to assume that dragons are naturally resistant to fire seeing as they breath the stuff, so I think burning wight-dragon is out of the picture. The master white walker dying or dragonglass seem to be the remaining choices. But dragons are resistant to most weapons because they have somewhat protective scales. I've got to think Cersei's/Qyburn's giant 360 degree bolt launchers have to be the answer.

Who knows, we could both be right. Dany's dragons could bite the head off of wight-dragon, die in the process, and King White Walker dude might still be able to use the headless wight-dragon as transport. I also think the white walkers might get all three dragons and dany has to pull the trigger to kill them. That would be dramatic. She kills her children. Wouldn't put that past GRRM or HBO.

You think wildfire might come into play?

#1793 don grahamleone, Aug 31, 2017
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, major douche. ;)

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I mean we kinda already know their agenda: they were created to kill men. Eventually they also killed Children of the Forest. They're basically alive to cleanse the world.

I don't see how or why there would be any real story development around them - which is why Cersei still needs to be alive. (Maybe we could find out that the prophecies are backwards and he is the prince that was promised? Unlikely but it's the only thing I can think of that wouldn't be lame.)

I'm just wondering if we get a Cersei face-turn before it's all over; if she'll do something at her end that helps the cause of the living. I know, I know: she's supposed to be strangled by a brother. But hey, maybe not.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Does anyone know:

Does Sam still have his dad's Valyrian steal sword?

17. don grahamleone

Ouch, that hurt. But I'm better now. I've risen above it. You may have called me a major douche, but right now I feel like I'm just a minor douche. So I've got that going for me.. which is nice.

RudyTBag likes this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Of course Drogon and Rhaegal can "kill" Viserion. That's without question, imo. I'm not trying to be right about this. I'm just voting that would be the most spectacular kill of Viserion.

Are you actually nitpicking the 3rd way to slay a dragon, to prop up your prediction of the kill. Sounds like Selective Imagination to me ;), to argue the 3rd way is illogical. Think about driving Viserion to the ground, submission holds, dismembering wings, Dany sadly finishing him off with dragonglass in a tear-jerker moment, etc, etc

but primarily think about a Dunkirk-style aerial battle between three dragons.

So spectacular

but I suspect the more boring (less expensive) methods of a scorpion bolt to the eye or just goes *poof* when the NK dies will happen.

#1798 heypartner, Aug 31, 2017
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I read the off screen treatment for the night king DOUBLE VERIFIED SPOILERZZ

He lived in a loveless marriage where the wife constantly nags him for not getting promoted to Night Emperor.

She's a shitty cook and known cheater who humps the living, zombifies them, so she can hump them again.

NK is a total cuck. He's quiet all the time because he's sensitive about his lisp.

You see a montage of this happening over a few hundred years, because it's summer in Winterfell and everyone is horny. One day, he said **** it, told her he was getting a pack of smokes, took a few of his best buddies and never looked back

AMC will be doing the Night King spinoff

#1799 Invisible Fan, Aug 31, 2017
    Rashmon likes this.
  20. don grahamleone

I just can't get over the fact that Viserion is a wight and to me it sounds like you're ignoring the fact that Viserion is a wight. However, don't worry, I'm perfectly okay with being wrong. I just want to talk about this logically based on prior wight evidence. I think Drogon and Rhaegal will have to completely severe the wight-dragon's head from the body for them to do a number on it, but it should still be alive after that, no? Unless Viserion is now vulnerable to fire, which is completely possible. I really don't know, but dragonglass has been pumped up so much and so were Qyburn's crossbows. I can't see why HBO would show you how successful these things are without using them later. Of course, this might be how they equalize the battle between Cersei and the rest of the world later. Let's say Cersei kills the dragons with the crossbows, with the dragons gone and a bunch of wildfire, I think Cersei can turn herself into the mad king and also put up one helluva fight.

Anyhoo, the two dragons can definitely do the dirty work and make Viserion vulnerable, but I don't think they have the tools to kill that dragon alone. Sounds like you agree in saying it needs to be finished off with dragonglass. I haven't seen Dunkirk yet though, so I'm not sure what you're talking about, but aerial battle does sound awesome.

I've gotta think those ice spears that killed the first dragon are still in play. So many elements and details, it's fun to hash them out. I rather enjoy reading everyone's guesses. We're sure to see some dragon rider vs dragon rider battle footage. I think we'd agree on that. I have to assume Targaryen Jon rides the other dragon after seeing him have a special moment with Rhaegal.