1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Orlando-Cleveland Game 5. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I wasn't sure who was coming out on top at the end. But now this is Jon Snow's show, everybody else, including Dany, is a supporting character.

And as for the story being silly, it is to a degree. But nobody, anywhere, will believe him about the army of the dead without proof, they're gonna keep squabbling otherwise. Jon Snow needs people on his side by any means necessary.

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's all fan fiction now.. It feels so rushed..

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Me too. There's no way she doesn't know he's watching her and there was no way she didn't know he knew she was watching him. She's setting him up. It'll look like littlefinger gets the drop on her then she'll turn the tables giving us a satisfying baelish death.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I like that he was like who cares because A) he didn't know about a baby that was kept secret and B) he's like there's much bigger fish to fry in this world than a game of who's king/queen.

heypartner likes this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Does anyone know specifically why Cersei tells Jamie not to ever betray her again? I don't get where the betrayal happened? Not bringing Tyrion in? I only have hints so far. It was an odd line.

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That's what I thought she was talking about. I also think he'll betray her again and it will lead to one of their deaths.

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I think when Jaime helped Tyrion escape which led to their fathers death. I assume that's where he said he would cut him in half if he ever saw him again

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Deadmon gotta catch 'em all!

Looks like Cersei could be old enough to be a grandma.....lelz.

#1068 daywalker02, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

She sees her dwarf breh as a threat to her and her throne/family.......absolutely hated Tyrion even when he was in Kings Landing.

Thought Tyrion had something to do with Joffrey's death....when Jaime said no she still seemed to be convinced.

She is plotting something as is Littlefinger.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His little member rarely tasted anything for someone this shrewd.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree, Baelish has no importance in the grand scheme of things.... I might be wrong .....

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

nah, I could see Jon taking the Dragons if Daeny was come to harm in any way.

The New Long Lost Targaryen

[​IMG]

DreamShook and ghettocheeze like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We need to watch more of

Rhaegal and Viserion.

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

GIlly gave a perfect example of what happens when you spend so much time blabbering about meaningless crap. When she finally had important information (Jon being the rightful heir), she was ignored.

BigM likes this.
  15. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Pretty sure the only person who knows R+L=J is Bran, so the annulment info would pointless to anyone not interested in some true succession lineage.
    Really it's just a wink at the GOT nerds as much as the still rowing line by Davos.

I know they confirmed R+L=J in one of the family tree lineages on internet somewhere, but have they specifically revealed it in just the show? If my memory serves, show watchers would only know that Jon wasn't Ned's actual b*stard, but nephew. And that Robert would be mad if he found out about the birth (chances are he'd be mad about any kid Lyanna had).

ghettocheeze likes this.
  16. MystikArkitect

It's been heavily implied twice. Sir Arthur Dayne was defending the Tower knowing the heir was inside. Lyanna tells Ned not to let Robert know and Gilly pretty much confirms Rhaegar's anullment and secret wedding.

So when they inevitably discover that Jon is the one true heir to the throne, how exactly is Dany going to react? She has plotted for this forever only to have it stripped away by Jon.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

This is a classic case of dramatic irony -- the audience knowing more than the characters. I was glad the reveal was done in such a way.

Right now, Jon Snow's lineage is not of great importance to the task at hand -- defeating the White Walkers. However, this should come into play later on once Bran reveals the truth about R+L=J. Till then it's a great way to engage the audience.

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I've always suspected Littlefinger might know. He clearly knows Rhaeger did not kidnap Lyanna.

19. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

The book he gave to the boy was the book he was taking notes from. The book Gilly was reading was still in front of her.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

A band of brothers, on foot, marching through the worst winter storm on record to sneak up on the greatest threat ever to snatch one of them and run to show it to Cersei?

So dumb.

I know how this will play out because its the ONLY way it can play out. They can't actually be successful on their own because there is no way they could just sneak up on the army, steal one and then run away without the Knights King knowing. So, this will end badly and then someone will save the day.

I'm surprised Euron didn't attack their boat though, he's slacking.

fba34 and Duncan McDonuts like this.