1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think if that were going to be the case then Jon and Sansa wouldn't have crossed.

Right now Sansa is at Winterfell and Arya and Bran are heading there. Would be pretty contrived if they found a way to send them off in different directions.

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This was another very awkward scene in episode 2. (Episode one was well done, even with Ed Sheeran). Vary's has been with Daenarys for how long? And now that she is on the springboard for a conquest, she now wants to play archaeologist and start digging up the past with Varys like some bickering housewife. It was decent dialog that should have happened two seasons ago.

Another thing that bothered me was Nymeria. In an offset view, Nymeria was nearly big as a horse. Then the up close view, Nymeria looked like an average size wolf.

v3.0 likes this.
  3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Another thing, is it me or is Tyrion a lousy tactician? I know he saved KL way back with wildfire, but that pact with the slave masters blew up in his face, and Dany had to save the day with her dragons. And this latest plan on KL isn't going so well *warning potential future spoiler*
    and forgive me I've read the leaks, the plan on CR won't go so well either

Entropy likes this.
  5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

When Cercei can enter her cheat code and insta spawn an elite naval fleet and then remove the fog of war to reveal the enemy's fleet, I dont think anyone stands a chance. You certainly can't blame Tyrion.

v3.0, Duncan McDonuts and justtxyank like this.
  6. justtxyank

I'm not going to read your spoiler...

But yes, the strategy to lay siege to King's Landing is terrible.

We don't want to use dragons on King's Landing because we don't want to kill any innocents, so instead we will lay siege to it and starve the innocents to death. o_O

The rest of the plan seems like more of a way to put the ships in position to get wrecked so we could wipe the Greyjoys and Martels off the board. It's like the writers suddenly realized that it would be an annihilation if Dragons, Dorne, Unsullied, Martels, Greyjoys, Dothraki all teamed up and took on Cersei. They saw how people reacted to the Warriors in the NBA and decided the commish needed to step in and trade away Durant and Klay...errrr...I mean kill off the Greyjoys and Martels and Tyrells. So now they balanced it out. Reset button!

Hakeemtheking, v3.0 and Space Ghost like this.
  7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I can blame Tyrion for dividing their army, they should have hit KL full tilt with the dragons as Yara and Ellaria wanted (who cares about what the common people think) and they could have turned their attention to CR after conquering KL.

heypartner and justtxyank like this.
  8. justtxyank

There would have been no need to conquer Casterly Rock.

If a Targ wiped out Cersei who herself had just killed Kevan, you'd have Cersei and Jamie now either dead or bending the knee to Danny as queen and Tyrion would have been there bending the knee on behalf of House Lannister. What, the Lannisters were going to march across the continent to wage a war against the united Westeros (minus The North and the Vale) AND her dragons AND her unsullied AND her Dothraki DESPITE the legal heir to House Lannister bending the knee?

Not to mention, how many men could possible be in Casterly Rock? Her army is entirely comprised of Lannisters at this point. How many Lannisters are there? We were told that the Tyrells had the largest army and the best grains, food, etc. but the Lannisters had the gold. Seems hard to believe there was a need to go conquer Casterly Rock when you could knock out the head of House Lannister. It isn't like she would be all that popular in her own family at this point.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agreed on the siege of King's Landing. You don't win the hearts and minds of the people by starving them to death. Fewer innocents would die in a shock and awe campaign.

I had a similar reaction to the argument between Sansa and Jon right after they had this conversation about undermining his authority in Episode 1. Why didn't Jon have a pre-meeting with Sansa about what he was going to do so he could field her concerns in advance of the big meeting?

v3.0 likes this.
  10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Maybe. But we all know Jon is not one of the Stark children.

11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

agreed with this... unless he's testing her or something. maybe he took to heart what she said about cersei more than we're led to believe.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Weird. I thought the Varys scene to start the second show was BY FAR the best scene in the first two episodes.

13. justtxyank

It was a good scene. I think @Space Ghost 's point was shouldn't that conversation have happened before that point?

in fairness, maybe Danny wasn't wanting to have a serious conversation on the boat.

14. Entropy

Entropy Member

Its just the writer's bs way (via Tyrion) of giving Cersei a fighting chance to drag out the drama further. Dany's ancestor had no qualms about burning thousands of people to ashes with his Dragons, and he still had the seven kingdoms left standing to rule over.

v3.0 and justtxyank like this.
  15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

"All dwarves are bastards in their fathers' eyes."

justtxyank likes this.
  16. Entropy

Entropy Member

The writers also Dumbed It Up when they had Olenna and Ellaria meet up on Dragonstone. Sure, lets be absent from our power bases and be potentially vulnerable to assassination or accidents instead of using ravens or emissaries to communicate. Which leads to Yara and Ellaria getting ****ed on their way to Dorne in order to drag out the whole Cersei Dany struggle.

17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I don't think Dany wants to conquer Westeros the same way as her ancestors did and be compared to them. She doesn't want to be seen as a pillager who burns the kingdom to the ground but rather a liberator. While starving out King's Landing doesn't seem wonderful either, the citizens would more likely revolt against the current regime (Lannisters) and side with Dany. Dany has the army, has the resources, and has the food. She can promise to feed the hungry once she's in charge.
    I don't have a problem with that. It's the first time the power Houses are meeting. They should do it in person to show their commitment. Jon feels the same way, but mostly because he's trying to plead for help defending the North.

The biggest problem with the episode is how quickly the power balance happened. Euron should not have had a fleet capable of dismantling Yara's navy. It's also outlandish that he is able to know their location and attack them when they just happen to have the Sand Snakes on board. Sure, Euron could have been sailing the waters between Dragonstone and King's Landing as that's the likeliest waters he'd find Team Dany, but to have the jump on them and outmuscle them is still a jump.

18. theimpossibles1

Thoughts on ep2: opening shot with the thunderstorm and dark castle silhouette panning down to danaerys and co in their lair was epic and awesome. Had a feel that was somewhat familiar for GoT in a good way. Sex scene between unsullied guy and whats her name felt forced (she foine tho). Closing shot with ships plowing through into darkness was also epic however not quite as sick as opening shot.

19. theimpossibles1

Also the episode clearly seemed like it was designed as a plot driver. Much needed with all the hot action that is to come. Also found it funny that the three warrior sisters were talkin' **** about slaying the mountain then all got pwned by a relatively minor character in Euron.

20. MystikArkitect

The Dany and Varys conversation was odd. He's been around forever and you wait until now to bring this up?

Second time Sansa openly questions Jon in front of everyone. After he told her to like, not do that.

Why does Casterly Rock need capturing? Is it simply because it's Tyrions home?

It's pretty much setting up so Dany gets to do what she always has to. Conquer.

Luckily for Cersei she has that guy who can come up with solutions to all of her problems (Zombie Mountain, Wildfire, Dragon Bow).

Last season was strong and surprising considering it deviated from source material. This one is feeling rushed and contrived. (Sam just solving everything in the Citadel for Jon and Jorah).

Entropy likes this.