1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What I did not like was how easily The Waif was dispatched
    Did she not receive the same training for much longer?????

Rocket River

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

she had a couple of training montages with the waif. those don't count?

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I stated before that the Stark kids have had the benefit of awesome mentors.
    Sansa - Learning from Little Finger has been good. She is seeing more - as much as she hates him - she has to value his counsel. By knowing what he wants she can "manage him" . . . . .everyone that has benefitted from little finger generally hates him . . .he is the StarScream of Westeros. . . .

Arya - has benefitted greatly from the Faceless man . . . Her skillset is very high and her mentality is brutal.

Jon and Bran have actually replaced them mentors - The Half Hand and The Raven -

While Dany has dragons. . . . The Starks are still quite powerful and growing more powerful every episode.

I suspect Jon and Dany marry [Targarians like that blood relative thing]
    Sansa becomes the regent/queen of the north
    Arya will be Jon's Queen of Spiders
    Bran will be Grand Mage or some such .. . probably stay beyond the wall in the end
    This is just all my theory based in nothing but observation

Rocket River

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I remember Natalie Portman in The Professional much more than Padma Amidala. Off tangent, often child actresses play better as kids than adults. Emma Watson, Macaulay Culkin, Alyssa Milano are just a couple to name.

You can't blame writing/directing when the vast majority of the cast is knocking it out of the park. SW Episode I, II and III sucked all around.

That said, yes, the role of Dany is not easy. And I will admit her supporting cast is not that hot either. Hell even Tyrion has been lost in transition. Bottom line, this was not the case in the books. Clarke is a big Dwight Howard turd that can even turn Tyrion 'The Beard' into an overpaid superstar just being in proximity.

heypartner likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I remember Portman from the movie HEAT.

From The Professional, I remember SIR DAVOS. And he wasn't EVEN IN THE MOVIE!

[​IMG]

6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Yeah, the Sam scenes weren't that bad. Dany is kind of a one note solo at this point but I blame that on the writing. I thought it was interesting to leave Varys and Tyrion completely silent...2 of the more interesting roles and speakers in the show but hey, other characters got a little shine. Davos too...at least we got to hear from the guy turning into stone for half a second in his cell....who's name escapes me....Dany'ss original knight.

I do wonder if they'll ever have a White Walker scene where they do something besides trudge around or kill. Can the Night King talk? Does he have a plan or thoughts about anything or is it just to serve as ominous doom. That's getting old to me, especially with how they seemed to show every opposing force in some concerning position.

I think it's almost certain that every single character is about to die.

7. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

So Euron is the Westeros version of "Scumbag Steve"? lol

Yep! That last scene was so friggin corny! My homeboy, who is just a casual watcher of the show, and really doesn't get into the whole GoT internet culture said the same thing. After the show/scene ended he said:
    Her whole schtick of... stare off into space, breathe weird, swallow, stare off into space, breathe weird, swallow, stare off into space, breathe weird, swallow is just the hardest thing to watch. See how awkward that was to read? That's how I feel watching her scenes. She has been doing that whole act since season 2. My Dad who was 74 years old, passed away in 2013 (R.I.P.) would always say:
    LOL!
    This is no exaggeration, it literally makes me cringe sometimes. I can only hope that she becomes Nissa NIssa and there is a happy ending.

Besides that, I loved the episode. Arya was a boss! I resisted from reading the Season 7 leaks, and after about 15 seconds I called it, that it was Arya.

I am really "digging" (a little shout out to book readers there) The Hound's story. His comebacks are pure gold.
    LMAO! Dude is a one man comedy show, king of the one-liners. I really hope that he and Arya meetup again, or him and Brienne.

I'm looking forward to this season, it sucks that it's only 7 episodes but hopefully they will be longer towards the end.

I always watch each episode with my GF, and friends, then I do several rewatches to break it down. The thing about the Dragonglass being able to cure Greyscale in the book Sam was reading was something that I noticed on the second time around. Well, I'm off for my 3rd time around. Take it easy everyone.

justtxyank and tmoney1101 like this.
  8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The Waif was always better than Arya. Arya was blinded for stealing a face, which we can assume never happened to the Waif.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Even if they didn't burn him (which of course they did) he was south of the wall. They sure as hell didn't drag his body all the way to Castle Black and then beyond the wall.

If the White Walkers come to Winterfell, can they raise all the dead Starks in the crypts?

10. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

That's what I was thinking.The Bolton troops lit his (Wun-Wun) ass up with them arrows. After The Battle of the Bastards, Jon told them to burn the bodies. Maybe it's some of Wun-Wun's kinfolk, like his great granddaddy or something, lol.

11. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Or that Correa's homers are just too damn short!

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

He's Steve Polychronopolous.

#252 tmoney1101, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    Creepy Crawl likes this.
  13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

ha. don't forget about dragon's that just fly around for the most part.

i mean, not to point out the obvious, but Danaerys has 3 full grown Dragons now in a world where people don't really know how to defeat dragons anymore. battle over. Danaerys wins. Now fight white walkers.

14. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Eh. I've read all the books, and Dany's story had slowed to a crawl in the books as well. She seemed to be just kinda sitting in Meereen, doing... not much.

I guess to be fair, the books seemed to slow to a crawl in general. Book 3 was amazing, 4 and 5 were... fine, I guess.

Rocket River likes this.
  15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wrt figuring out it was Arya, on your 3rd time rewatching, notice the Scenes from Last Season reminds us that Arya had killed Walder Frey last season while feeding him Frey meat pie. So, unless the cold opening was a flashback, it couldn't have been Frey giving the toast. ;)

And I still didn't really see it coming. Oh well, other than thinking something is up because he's not drinking the toast.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm thinking Arya kills those Lannister soldiers to collect some faces for round 2.

Weirdos...the lot of them.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Is Little Finger still the 'Master of Coin'?
    I doubt it but . .. was just curious

I don't think the Vale officially joined either side
    so running to rescue Sansa and Jon definitely was a bold move to take a side

Rocket River

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, now he's the Lord Protector of the Vale, it's quite a step up from "Master of Coin".

The reason he sided with Sansa is that he was hoping she'd claim the north and he could marry her to control the North, the Eyrie, and he's already been named the Lord of Harrenhal and Lord Paramount of the Trident which would give him a claim to the Riverlands too.

That would mean he would control 3 of the 7 Kingdoms and would separate Kings Landing from Casterly Rock dividing all of the land based forces Cersei would still be in control of. In short, if he pulled it off (and the White Walkers weren't a thing) he'd be REALLY close to checkmate.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I like the show and all and read a few of the books before the TV show debuted.

I mean more power to you guys but I don't get breaking the show down to that extent. Watching it 3-4 times, I guess so

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He stated in the show that he had now publically declared for House Stark. That would make him a traitor to the Iron Throne. Any title he held at this point would be stripped of him as far as Cersei is concerned.