1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Four

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 5, 2013.

1. plus1

plus1 Member

Just attended HBO's GOT Epic Fan Experience at Barclays last night.

Common opened up the show, followed by a cast appearance starting with Kristian Nairn (Hodor) who MC'd a Q&A session with Martin, Sibel Kekilli (Shae), John Bradley-West (Sam), and Maisie Williams (Arya). After the panel wrapped up, the cast/HBO gave away an Iron Throne to an audience member and showed ep. 1 of Season 4 on the big screen.

A few gems from the Q&A:
    - Martin addressed one question before it was even asked saying, "I'm working on it."
    - Martin hinted at some dragon on dragon violence.
    - Sibel Kekilli (Shae) spent the majority of the Q&A session saying, "holy ****."
    - Hodor!

Episode 1 was a great start to the season. Introduced new characters and caught up with where most of the major characters are post major event in season 3. Cannot wait for Season 4 to get underway!

2 people like this.
  2. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

jealousy has ensued

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Very cool man, thanks for the recap.

Season 4....

[​IMG]

4. cebu

cebu Member

just finished season 2. Looks like the author of these books is a Lannister.

5. BonziWellsGOAT

[​IMG]

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Fat Walda! lol

1 person likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Why do all the blondes have black eyebrows? [/swoly]

9. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Damn, April 6th still seems so far away...

10. Relentless

Relentless Member

Grow up

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Can't wait for this season... feels like forever since season 3.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOLs.

Actually... I was wondering why there aren't any Black or Brown peeps. ;)

13. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

There's one in the vault. And what about all the dothraki? At the very least, they have nice tans.

14. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

[nerd]

Westeros is pretty segregated. Pretty much all black people either live in or come from the Summer Islands. The only "brown people" in Westeros are from Dorne, which will play an increased role in the upcoming season.

Essos is much more diverse than Westeros. But that diversity includes lots of slavery, which isn't tolerated in Westeros.

[/nerd]

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Man, they have to get some Hispanic/Brown or black/African person in there... how else will they learn RHYTHM and DANCING?!?!?! :mad:

:p I don't watch the show... but I just know they gotta know how to dance... and white peeps sure as heck know they cannot... without us... ;)

16. dragician

dragician Member

this was before a ball was invented or discovered.

17. tomato

tomato Member

There's a (pale) Chileno on the cast this coming season. And as mentioned earlier, the Dothraki are tanned and run a pretty good Mexican restaurant by Gulfgate.

2 people like this.
  18. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

someone should start a spoilered edition of the season 4 thread
    before the ****storm starts

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

White people...dancing....ah, yes. (See "Chappelle's Show", episode featuring John Mayer. Funny.)

I always found Latinas very attractive but I never had a shot in hell with one, at least here. Maybe in Mexico City where I actually walked into a Starbuck's and saw a Latina (wait for it....wait for it...) reading a book. But I couldn't hit on her because just the very sight made me s*** my pants on the spot: "Yes, I'll have a double-tall no-whip mocha...and another pair of shorts?"

All the Spanish I learned? Waste of time. If you don't salsa or meringue, you're out.

In any case, there are two token black characters on GoT. One is a pirate who showed up in two episodes. The other is Nathalie Emmanuel, who's probably half-black but, like Halle and Obama, that'll do it (and the actress is mega-hawt). To prove how pathetic I am, you might just find the picture taken during filming of Season 4 where a makeup artist is applying makeup to the actress' decolletage. THAT's a job to have.

20. Nero

Nero Member

Speaking of the one in the vault..

This is just a general complaint, something I have seen more and more over the recent years.

What the HECK is up with all these scenes where some character will calmly take a knife, grab it with their hand, and SLICE down, drawing lots of blood from their PALM??? Seriously people, that is the WORST way to get a little blood for some kind of pact, or serious ritual or whatever. Come ON, don't be slicing up your HANDS!! ARGH.