1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Four

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 5, 2013.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I just found out about the 3 upcoming GRRM books and how none of them are Winds of Winter. Is 2015 still a realistic expectation? I read the books to forego the ache of waiting between television seasons, but waiting between books is a pain only an Unsullied can take.

2. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Same boat here. I read the books to get my fix and ended up craving more than I started. The worst part is that even though you will still enjoy the upcoming season, you know what's going to happen. For the most part at least.

I hope he finishes Book 6 soon.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

season 4 teaser

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ih3WsEKmID0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/h3j0E330FvQ/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Pretty awesome reading the part in the book when Lucius Vorenus enters the battle screaming 'THIRTEEEEN' and helps out his buddy Titus Pullo and sticks his blade into the shoulder of the Mountain That Rides.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

You know a show is hyped when there's a trailer for the trailer.

1 person likes this.
  6. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

That is pretty funny.

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xZY43QSx3Fk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Strong

9. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Despite everyone's complaints about Crows, a lot happens in that book. Its just that most of us were pissed bc it lacked several major characters...and then ADOD took another several years to come out.

You figure the screenwriters will take both books 4 and 5 and rip them up into one single timeline. That's about 1935 pages of content, and even with insane amounts of editing you are looking at a minimum of 3 years of television starting in winter 2015.

They could pull a Sopranos and stretch the time between seasons to 18 months to give themselves an extra year, or throw in a couple backstories from his 3 Dunk and Eggs if need be....make them Aemon flashbacks or something...I believe just published a 35,000 word novella about the fall of the Dragons in that Dangerous Women compilation.

It helped that the Giants and Jets sucked so bad this year, but its getting tight.

10. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I just finished season 1. Didn't read a single comment in this thread. Freaking love this show. Can't wait to catch up.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

And don't forget, Season 3 didn't cover the entirely of Storm of Swords. There's still some pretty significant stuff from that book that they've yet to cover.

13. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

I got stalled reading a Feast for Crows about a year ago and never summoned the will-power to pick it up again.

Is it worth restarting the book, or should I just wait for the TV series to catch up?

14. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

In all honesty, I think the books can easily be stretched more in the visual format.

Danaery's conquest for example can be much longer than a time lapse and fallen cities.

The red viper's role in the show can be quite a bit larger in the show as well, more screen time to build out his character, along with some expanded investigations of Elia's death

Just a lot of different ways this can go.

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

There are some great chapters towards the last 1/4 of the book so I would say yes, and I'm really looking forward to how they film one chapter in particular. I would agree that most of this book really dragged though.

1 person likes this.
  16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That trailer was fantastic. Ugh, new season is still 3 months away.

17. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Most definitely. Season 3 covered about 2/3 of A Storm of Swords. But the last third of that book could easily take up an entire season (and I hope it does).

18. TheresTheDagger

A man has been waiting for this trailer. And a man is pleased with it. Now a man will wait for the premier of the new season.

19. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

where are they? Please share.

20. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

i would, its a good book but its my least favorite because it lacks my favorite character.

1 person likes this.