1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Four

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

6'9". 420 lbs. Not sure if big enough.

I joke, but the first Sandor was 7', 315 lbs. Second Sandor was 7'1".

#21 Cannonball, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  2. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

The second actor was too skinny, but this actor will have a hard time passing as the Hounds older brother, considering he looks 10 years younger.

In other news, Joffrey's younger brother Tommen, and Daario Naharis were also recast for next season.

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

This is maybe vaguely spoilerish, I guess:

I doubt we'll be seeing much of his face anyway. As far as I can remember he'll likely only have one scene, in which he should be wearing a helmet.

The Tommen recast makes sense and I suspect most probably won't even notice. Shame they had to find a new Daario though.

4. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Wonder why they had to recast Daario, I liked the guy they had. Gonna be awkward seeing someone else in his spot next season across Daenerys.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5Krz-dyD-UQ?list=UU67f2Qf7FYhtoUIF4Sf29cA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_BiODEobbug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#25 Xerobull, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  6. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

it's about 4 months away where is my update
    im looking at you commodore

7. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

There is about 5 seconds of preview in this video lol
    1:37-1:42

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RHWBZbi9vl8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  8. vator

vator Contributing Member

Yeah that sucks. The first guy seemed perfect for the role. I doubt the new guy will be able to do a better job. This seemed like one of the few castings that they were actually spot on with. Won't miss the second Mountain though. That guy may have been tall, but he was far too skinny.

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm curious how long they stick to the books, because after this season the books grind to a screeching halt. George RR Martin made his spectacular trilogy, and then had no clue where to go so he decided to stall, and he's been stalling for 2 books, and 13 freaking years.

I would think they are going to have to start going off script after this season to keep it an interesting TV show. This season should be great though, lots of things happen.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Still aint

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The show will combine Feast for Crows and A dance with dragons. I'm sure they will expand on Arya's story at the House of Black and White.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Last season already incorporated some elements from a later book with Theon Greyjoy.

This season will move forward a character from Book 5 to this season (which is, of course, still primarily culled from Book 3). That character is a member of the Iron Bank of Braavos.

Some other elements from Book 4 will be woven into this season as well.

The timelines of Books 4 and 5 run concurrently for the most part, with Book 4 (the weaker of the two, I'm afraid, but still good) taking place mostly in Westeros and 5 "A Dance with Dragons" (which follows more of the favorite characters) occuring in Essos.....until its last 25% or so, when the chapters begin to re-incorporate goings-on in Westeros.

So you can pull material from Books 4 and 5 and interweave them. George R.R. Martin was going this route but wrote himself into a corner with all the different threads. So he split the books: Westeros....and Essos.

And that'll be a problem for the miniseries. The books greatly expand its cast of characters from The Iron Islands and the as-yet-unvisited desert-region of Dorne. They can chop here and there, but some of the characters yet to be introduced will play important parts in the overall arc of the story.

I just hope they don't cut too drastically.

14. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

First trailer is supposed to air this Sunday before the premiere of True Detective.

15. ILoveWhiteGirls

Season 1>Season 2, waiting for Season 3 to hit bluray soon!!!

16. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

ah man this just reminded me that it will still be a while before The Winds of Winter book to come out:(

anyway back to season 4 I can't wait for certain characters to die this season.

17. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Looks like season 3 bluray will be released February 18

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

He pretty much had to be on a 3 year schedule for each book to make it work with the show. Dance With Dragons came out in July 2011 so we're now 2 1/2 years since the last book.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Btw, the extras on the Blu-Rays are outstanding.

For Season 1, the extras included histories of each House central to the story (Stark, Baratheon, Lannister, Targaryen, Arryn, as well as The Night's Watch), each narrated by an actor playing a character from that House.

I thought how cool it would have been if each segment had been made with the 1st season, each episode beginning with a House. If the bit on the Night's Watch had opened Episode 1, and then flowed into the Watchmen scene that opened the series, when they met up with the White Walkers...

And, say, the Starks segment opening Episode 2, and the Lannisters opening the third, and the Targaryens the fourth, and the Arryns the fifth, and so on.

But then they wouldn't be "extras" making the Blu Rays that much better.

Martin said the last two books (Winds of Winter, Dream of Spring) would each be gargantuan, 1500 pages apiece.

I wish he would just shrug and publish three or four books instead of the two. Sure, he'll renege on fitting the story into seven books, but he already did that when he had originally planned a trilogy. Hell, I'd pay the extra money. My Amazon Kindle awaits.

#39 ROXTXIA, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  20. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I can't wait for the last two books. I just discovered that a few preview chapters from The Winds of Winter have been released. I read two yesterday. It leaves you wanting so much more, but it does help to give an idea to what could happen. It's shaping up to be a great book. With as much that has to happen, it may even be as good as the third one.

That said, I've also heard that GRRM is writing every character's story to completion then will split them into two books. This is encouraging so maybe the final book isn't such a long wait.