1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Five

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

You really think they would say he is coming back to ruin any surprise that he will? Hell no. Melissandre came riding into Castle Black for a reason though. He coming back yall.

2. dback816

dback816 Member

What made you think the Watch didnt make their own decision

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I remember reading last year that the walk of shame took 4 days to shoot and that they paid $50,000/day for 200 extra security guards and to pay shop owners along the route to close shop and go away during the shoot. That's $200,000 for that one scene for security and privacy, not including the actually cost of the cast, crew, extras, and filming. That kind of cost might make sense if Headey were doing the nudity, not so much if it's some nameless body double who'd likely be more comfortable in that situation.

4. Cannonball

Yeah. And the fact that nobody can turn to the books for answers any longer allows them to lie about it if he is indeed coming back.

5. cebu

cebu Member

I don't think they killed him for a bad reason. I didn't see hate in their faces.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't think John Snow is dead. If they chopped of his head It would have been more definitive. Red Chick gonna raise him from the dead.

7. chrispaul3

chrispaul3 Member

^ What was the point of the traitor cross then? At least they could have given him some mercy. Plus if was for one of Melisandre's blood ritual's that requires king's blood doesn't she need to pray and stuff before the sacrifice?

Whatever, guess we'll find out

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, I don't know... All this death is getting ridiculous. I'm just keeping my hopes up.

9. cebu

cebu Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think Jon will be back...either by ice or by fire...or some combination of both...

11. chrispaul3

chrispaul3 Member

Jon Snow must be Jesus Christ.

12. Cannonball

It wasn't for a blood sacrifice. A Red Preist, Thoros of Myr, brought back Beric Dondarrion many times. The theory is that Melisandre, a Red Priestess, will do the same for Jon.

I'll throw this in too. In some of the leaked images for the episode, one was of Jon with his eyes clouded over. The same kind of eyes Bran has when he warged into Hodor. Based on that image, it was speculated that Jon had warged into something else, maybe Ghost. In the books, Jon, like Bran, has shown an ability to warg. But that hasn't been present on the show, so it wouldn't make as much sense for them to suddenly introduce that he has that ability.

Anyway, why were his eyes clouded over in the screen cap but not in the episode? Was it something that was originally in there that the show runners later decided to remove? Maybe it was faked. And where was Ghost during all of this? Grey Wind was locked up during the Red Wedding but he knew stuff was going down and was desperately trying to get free. You'd think Ghost would've sensed enough to try to protect Jon. And if he were locked up somewhere, you'd think he'd be making a racket, but he wasn't.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I can't blame people for forgetting Thoros... When is the last time the show has shown him? They cut out a big part of the Thoros of Myr storyline so it might not even be that clear that Melisandre may be capable of bringing people back to life.

14. Entropy

Entropy Member

15. TheresTheDagger

SMH. Well that's pretty much definitive.

George R. R. Martin (and Benioff and Weiss) do it to me again.

SMH.

I remember seeing an interview with Emilia Clarke (Khaleesi/Daenerys) during the filming of season 1. She said "Its just the most amazing story. Just when you think you've figured it out, it flips on its head and changes it's mind"

No truer words have ever been spoken.

16. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

17. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

Like I said before... The Starks are perpetual losers.

18. TheresTheDagger

Just wanted to add....

My moniker has never been more true.:grin:

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

My guess is that we won't see him for next season, maybe like waaaay at the end and it could be a scene that he's already shot before with him just being brought back to life.

They have a lot of other stuff to focus on until then, they could mostly ignore the story at the wall for most of the season and make it seem like he's really dead. Wouldn't be the first time they've ignored a story arc. There was nothing of Bran all season long...nor the Greyjoys...

I mean they will try to keep the secret for as long as possible until the next book releases I guess.

20. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I suppose Melisandre's predictions are still accurate. The Boltons will fall at Winterfell... it just won't be due to Stannis.

Anyways, will be interesting to see what Bran does next season and if he dies too.