1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Here's my guess to what will happen in the end of it all:

Jaime truly is going to protect Cercei because he is fiercely in love with her. Just can't shake off the one you love (gross though). Except when he gets there, he learns that Euron smashed. Jaime gets mad because Euron eggs him on, and Jaime does what he does: slays. The Kingslayer adds Queenslayer to his alias list. He also kills himself because of it.

Daeny takes the throne. But before coronation, Varys makes it known that it's Jon that is the true and rightful heir to the throne. He informs the public that he is Aegon, son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. The northerners and the vast majority of what's left agree and demand Jon to be the King right then and there.

Jon says no to the crowd and that Daeny is the rightful queen. He made a vow, and he will not go back on his word. Crowd shows their displeasure. Daeny says enough and throws a tantrum. She orders Varys to be brought in front of her. She questions where he heard this "lie". He doesn't snitch, so he's about to get burned. Tyrion admits that he himself was the source right before Dracarys is uttered. So Daeny wants to bbq both of them. Sansa says it's her that told Tyrion of Jon's identity. Sansa also goes in on Daeny saying that not only is Jon the rightful heir to the throne, but he is truly more fit to rule than Daeny is. Sansa says she sees The Mad King in her. Daeny orders Sansa to be captured and sentened to death by fire for treason.

Sansa is in a struggle and panics as she's surrounded by fire and pleads to Jon. Jon lets this happen as he chooses Daeny. However before the sentence is carried out, Arya kills Daeny behind Jon. Jon turns around, and Arya stabs him with Needle. With his dying breath, Jon tells Arya, "But you're my family." Arya tearfully whispers back, "I am no one."

And now Arya's prophecy is fulfilled. She kills the blue-eyed Night King, the green-eyed Daeny, and the brown-eyed Jon Snow.

The people (mostly consisted of northerners) will call for Bran to take the throne. Ned's boy. He declines and anoints Tyrion as the next king. Bran is a spoiler on wheels, so they all agree since he knows what's gonna happen anyway. Tyrion goes down in history as the Imp King. Keeping that imp hand strong.

#1341 clutch citizen, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  2. cebu

cebu Member

and no one will watch that prequel anymore.

arkoe likes this.
  3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

It'll be more of the same anyway as history is repeating itself in this series

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Am i the only one still on team Daeny? Like i really dont get why everyone in the show has turned on her. She hasnt done anything even bad. Like sure she is hell bent on capturing the throne but thats been her mission from the start. What is she supposed to do? Just be like "nah i formed an army and came across the narrow sea for nothing, go ahead Jon take the throne." She has always been fair and has given up almost her entire army and power by helping Jon because she knew the right thing to do was fight for life. She could have just as easily went straight for kings landing and already be queen.

I really think the show has done a poor job at portraying this "turn" by Daeny if it even is one. Everyone in the show is starting to question her and she really hasnt even done much and it just seems odd.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

No matter how this show ends it can't be a happy ending or else you go against every thing the show is... No matter who sits at the throne at the end of season 8 it wont matter because the Game of Thrones cant end. Everyone Dies that is the essence of the show so i really hope they dont try and get to corny with a perfect ending.

At the end of the day i want to see Jon and Daeny together on the throne and as the final scene comes there should be a new threat looming over them and the show ends with you knowing that peace never last in westeros.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

why does it have to be a 4th dragon?

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm not really following the 4th dragon narrative. Pretty sure there's only 3. But in the book, which I did not read, but was spoiled by in threads on this forum in the past...

-book info/spoiler that I think literally has nothing to do with this show below-

Euron had a dragon egg in the book at some point but lost it. So I hear...

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Nah, Jon is with ya.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

btw: who's ratings? Rotten Tomatoes? An average of several?

obviously, that's not viewership, but some kind of quality score.

RudyTBag likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Drogon.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm guessing IMDB...

compare to something like Breaking Bad, which finished insanely strong per IMDB rankings.

IMDB rankings, I believe, are just user rankings... but maybe they use some algorithm on top of it...

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

GRRM has gotta be SICKKKKKK watching how badly they're ending his story. I guess it's on him for not finishing it himself, but still. He's gotta be absolutely sick.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

What was the 6th episode of season 5? That episode tanked...

EDIT: It was the episode with the scene with Ramsay and Sansa.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

If he could do it any better, he probably would have by now. But I think the low bar that GoT's ending is setting will automatically satisfy the fans so he's in a win/win now.

J Sizzle likes this.
  16. MystikArkitect

Nah. Pretty sure he’s gleefully watching this disaster and going to laugh his way to the bank after releasing a proper Winds of Winter.

RudyTBag likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

If he had any idea how or desire to publish some more books in any sort of timely manner he would have done it by now.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It’s been like 8 years since his last book, and 6 years past when he said WoW would come out. His fault, the books have plenty wrong too.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is getting the Golden Paycheck from the Iron Bank of Braavos.

J Sizzle likes this.
  20. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

#1360 K mf G, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019