1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Game of Thrones] Season 1

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why is not HBO fired producers? Producers big deal every year in the call, pick up the transaction, but each time chipping away, every year, so fans disappointed. Producers always wanted to do big things with little money, but it does not work in the TV, there is a manager in the team talk about winning ah? Game of Thrones too disappointing, how do you think?

2. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

lol wut.

3. Carl Herrera

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=206531&highlight=chuck+hayes

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

5. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lpL6F2hKgV8?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Carl Herrera

NSFW
    <iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/60Znn2_jDIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  8. val_modus

val_modus Member

Just looked up some big time castings for new roles in season 2, man oh man am i pumped, its gonna be a hell of a ride. Just finished all the episodes for the second time and i just cant wait till Spring 2012

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You guys really need to watch the audience questions. It's mostly fawning fangirls, and man, it's like a SNL skit with every type of nerd girl represented. :grin::grin::grin:

10. Commodore

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xkptadiDABo?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. val_modus

val_modus Member

simply amazing visuals. Glad it doesnt end up like Rome, just goes to show u how far HBO has come. Does anyone who reads the books know if Syrio Forel is dead?? Theres many theories but does anyone want to share their PoV??

12. Chopped

Chopped Member

book has taught me to believe if there isn't an account of the death, dont believe it. Even on accounts of dead character bodies being shown many deaths have been faked.

So I dont think Syrio is dead, but i have a hard time believing that he is
    a faceless-man

13. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

when are we gonna have season 2?

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Thus far, he has not appeared again in any of the book so his fate is still unknown. Because of the way the books are written (each chapter is written in third person limited narrative from a particular character's POV), it's very possible that characters who go missing are in fact dead and we'll never get any hard confirmation. We're kind of left to assume that Syrio died and that may be all the closure we're ever going to get on his character.

15. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

I am reading the first book right now. About half way through. Pretty incredible. Bought the first 4 books in a set.

I don't have HBO... Haven't seen the first season yet. Was just going to wait and but it on Blu-Ray. Don't think I can wait any longer...

Since there is no word of when it will be released on BR does anyone know where to find the episodes online?

16. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

http://www.watchthisletme.com/tv-1386995-Game-of-Thrones

You're going to want to watch them again once it comes out on Blu-Ray anyway.

17. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/07/game-of-thrones-hbo-says-its-in-for-the-long-haul.html

'Game of Thrones': HBO says it's in for the long haul

[​IMG]

HBO doesn't yet know how long "Game of Thrones" will be on the air, but whenever the end does come, the show's creators and the network want to do it justice.

HBO co-president Richard Plepler and programming president Michael Lombardo faced a series of questions Thursday (July 28) over the future of the show and its relationship to its source material, George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" novels.

The fifth book in Martin's series, "A Dance with Dragons," was released July 12, and he has two more planned to wrap up the saga. Depending on audience interest, production challenges and other factors, it's conceivable that the TV show would end somewhere short of Martin's last page of the novels.

Still, Lombardo wants fans to know that both HBO and "Thrones" executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are committed to doing right by the story. "I can promise you it won't stop before it's ready to stop," Lombardo says, responding to a question about whether fans might be left hanging as they were when "Deadwood" ended.

Which is not to say that Lombardo is committing to any extra seasons beyond the second, which is due to air next year.

"We don't know where the show for us ends as opposed to the books," Lombardo says. "It would be fantastic to be able to say this show will go on for 10 years and do every aspect of the books. I don't know if that will be the case. ... I think the challenge for us is always, How long do the creators want to stay on the show? We haven't really been a network that embraces the idea of changing creative vision. ... [Weiss and Benioff] have signed on for a couple years, and we're going to have that conversation with them every couple of years."

That's the business end of the conversation. On the creative side, Benioff and Weiss are all-in, and HBO is behind them.

"David said at the beginning of this that there aren't many things he could imagine spending seven or eight years of his life devoted to," Plepler says. "This is one of them."

18. Commodore

apparently GRRM was at Bungie studios (makers of Halo) recently

http://www.westeros.org/ASoWS/News/Entry/GRRM_Visits_Bungie/

interesting....

19. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I just ended Season 1 of Game of Thrones, I don't want to wait until 2012 so i'd like to read the books, which one should I read (so that I don't need to read what I just watched), basically wanting to pick up from here..

Does Book 1 = Season 1?

thanks

20. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Read Book 2 - - Clash of Kings. There are a couple of things from Season 1 that are taken from this, but not much. So yeah, Book 1 = Season 1! I would recommend reading Book 1 though, so many little things to pick up on and there are slight differences as well.