1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Leak Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FishBulb913, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The army that got BBQd? The Lannisters don't have an army anymore. All they have is money to buy mercenaries.

Even if a well armored army could kill thousands of wights, the Night King can reraise them unless they are burnt. You can't use dragons against them because the Night King is an Olympic toothpick thrower. The only unstoppable force left in Westeros is surprise Euron. We haven't seen their weakness yet.

2. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

You have a point, I mean, 5 guys basically fought off an army of the dead. They had help from dragons of course, but minutes before they arrived Jon and Co. killed hundreds of the wights. My guess is that next season, when the dead are fighting the living, as they fight, the living will turn, then start attacking their own.

I know it's an obvious theory and 99% sure it happens but still, basically the biggest weapon the Night King has, besides an Ice Dragon.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, the one thing I think they might have bothered with is, say, just filming some more character moments and some moments that let you know time is passing. You'd think Cersei would turn to Jaime and say, "WTF is going on? What are they doing? How long has it been now? Look!" Points at the calendar. "It's almost Thanksgiving. It's been weeks since they blowtorched the Wagon Train and the Tarlys. Go send some spies or something."

As you say, it isn't show-ruining. My wife isn't complaining this season of the soap opera-y length of telling the story. It is more or less what I expected: much like Season 2 of "Rome". Rush, rush, rush.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

If the ice hadn't broken, the entire army of the Wights bum rush them straight away, and the Avengers are dead within seconds.

Don't confuse them taking down individual Wights one or two at a time to a mass horde.

Even if there is a supposed Lannister Army - which there isn't anymore - the Night King sacrifices the first couple of lines of Wights by crash tackling the front line of shields, the next line has their way with the confused and sprawled out Army.

Rinse and repeat for the Night King with the addition of the extra soldiers he's just converted.

5. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

After watching and processing everything that happened. I still don't understand why the Night King didn't throw a spear at Drogon... who wasn't moving! I wonder if they'll explain this in the next episode. He also could've saved himself some time and thrown spears at Jon and co. This will bug me until next Sunday. I should've just waited.

Another thing, the Arya and Sansa conversation, while tense, was just frustrating. It's made me hate them both... again.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

She said that but they still have men, they still have armor. So do the Knights of the Vale, the Unsullied, and according to many the Dothraki are basically undefeated on open fields. Cersei was always outnumbered against Dany, the point about the Mercenaries was more for her to get more numbers. Remember, Dany focused on the wagons.

All of these armies are armed with better weapons and armor and obviously...better-skilled men.

Not saying you are wrong...I'm just saying...the dead are so unskilled, we've seen this throughout the series, now they are going to take on an entire\ realm of armed and skilled fighters? PLUS the feared Dothraki and Unsullied?

Cersei may just call in the Golden Company or other mercenaries as well if she's so convinced of the threat, may as well, it brings in Darrio Narharis who was also super skilled in fighting back to the show.

And lets now add in Brienne, Arya, Bronn (But that guy probably sails to Essos the moment he finds out about this lol) maybe even the Mountain, and yes Euron.

You make a good point though, the point to beating them has always been to unite. I wonder if Cersei is offered to become Night Queen will she just say F it since she seems so desperate for power.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm sure we're gonna get some Winterfell and Greyjoy action next week, but everything else feels utterly pointless. I literally sighed when they would move to the Winterfell story. Aside from Dorne, which was an absolute train wreck, Winterfell since Jon split has been the worst story I remember. Sansa has inexplicably become the only compelling character there. Bran is weird, Arya is weird and paranoid, Littlefinger is his same insufferable self, and the Northern Lords are as fickle as women on their periods.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Maybe that works, but that considers the wights as being strong. They are not. It takes like 8 of them to take down one man, one of them is always easily shrugged or tossed off. They are just bones, with no weight, and again very poorly armed...oh and the realm of men now have dragonglass along with every armed army in the show.

As for the Lannisters, they still have an Army, just that Dany holds them now. My guess is, when the time comes, the show will trout them right back out there.

The ice was a problem for them for a little bit, but the scene made it feel like that Jon's men would die of fatigue if anything, once it was clear that the ice could be crossed they all closed in and they pretty much handled them.

Just not the Lannisters, the Knights of the Vale were also armed to the teeth, I just don't see, for example, their rusty old weapons doing much there is all.

My guess is the Night King will try to outsmart them. I do wonder how this ice dragon works too.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/techno...e-6-season-7-leaked-by-mistake/1/1027179.html

Check the boxes

#69 daywalker02, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Watched it. I can't believe dragons can just get killed by throwing icicles at it. I hope they at least explain that they were magical white walker icicles later, because it looked like literally a stick of ice.

B-Bob likes this.
  11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

These are the same weapons that destroy all other weapons (save for valyrian steel) on contact, so yes it does have some magical quality.

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Speaking of which, is it dragonglass or valyrian steel that kills white walkers? I always get confused.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Both

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We haven't seen seen the Army of the Dead against All Armies of the Living plus Children of the Forest and fortified Castles.

All war machines, probably wolves and the rest of the Dragons.

We have not seen them venture into the South.

I think the humans have as good of a chance as anyone in the South, where the NK can't repeatedly make ice javelins.

Of course there is WILDFIRE.

Just make sure the treacherous Cersei is tied up and rotting in some cell or dead.

The strategy is to take out all his Undead Generals, Dead Viserion till he is the only major guy left standing.

Or kill him with some sort of magic and everything is over too soon for the show.

[​IMG]

#74 daywalker02, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, we just saw them against Wildlings who just like them...are rather unorganized and unarmed. That's why Mance was such a big deal because he at least made them organized.

You know what...haven't even thought of castles and holds lol. Also, the wights have shown their armies to have no range, have never seen them use bows...they have shown to be good climbers at least.

Oh, and they are easily manipulated by fire as we saw during the hold the door moment... You don't need dragons as Euron has shown to use fire to your advantage and Cersei has a ton of that...who knows with her though.

I get that whatever he kills joins his side...but he has to kill them first.

Hopefully soon we find out what the Night King actually wants or what motivates him.

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Another question. Do Sting and Thoros light their swords on fire using magic or are the swords themselves magical? If the former, why didn't they light everyone's swords on fire, it would help against the wights. Also, they should have kept warm with the fire swords.

Kruze10 likes this.
  17. cebu

cebu Member

And now we have a WHITE-FLYER?

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I strongly disagree. The Wights were fighting 5 of the best, toughest and most badass fighters in the realm. If you put a normal soldier up against a Wight it is a 50/50 battle at best.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So far we have seen

The Night King

Other White Walker Knights

White Walker Dragon

Wights

Undead Beasts
    Undead Men
    Undead Giants

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't know man, they never showed the wights as having any skill with weapons at any point in the show. They always just outnumber people and get you in the end, but practically every battle with them always shows someone taking out 2-4 and then getting overwhelmed by them. Evan random guy held his own against them before dying.

Also that arrows apparently take them down...

Meera Reed was able to fight off a few, even killed a white walker. Remember Hardhome? These were wildlings, always mocked for being poor fighters, yet you had that one girl fighting off any one that came at her, she only gave in when she saw the kid ones and just laid there and died for them. They won hardhome just on numbers, and the wildlings like them have no armor, no good weapons. No castles. No defenses. This won't be the case for the armies south of the wall.

The biggest thing they have going for them is that the White Walkers bring the winter and I guess their main path to victory is just waiting things out which is probably why it's called "The Long Night."

If they didn't have an ice dragon then I'd be telling the Night King to turn around.