1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game: How many times will the Rockets championships be mentioned during the Finals?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jun 2, 2017.

?

Rockets titles mentioned

1. 1-2 times

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. 2-4 times

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. 8 to 10 times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. greater than 10 times

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. Zero

46 vote(s)
    82.1%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets 94 and 95 titles any example

2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

So basically, you think that using analytics to make decisions is flawed, and that the third best team in the west has no plan whatsoever going forward?

Baffling.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yes.

It's baffling that you find that baffling.

Everyone knows analytics has flaws. Which is why no one strategizes by analytics alone. Well except the Rockets. Which is why you don't see the Spurs, Warriors or Cavs matching the Rockets threes, paint and ft only style to such a crazy degree.

And no, courting every potentially good free agent that might join the team is not a plan. It's just lowest common strategy stuff. It's every teams plan.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is such a whiny thread. Who cares how often they mention the Rockets 94' and 95' chips - it was 22 years ago!

Hakeem is a legend and remembered as one of the all-time great centers. To this day, no one shows replays of any other big-man's top 10 plays. Hakeem stands alone as the last great big man. Not Duncan, not Shaq. Be happy for that instead of crying about how butthurt it is not to have people talk about the Rockets runs

Os Trigonum likes this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

They still mention old teams
    Bill Russell etc
    If you don't care about tracking it
    Then don't watch

6. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

They still talk about those Rockets teams on inside the NBA, but not very often.

ESPN is the Lebron, Yankees, Red Sox, Cowboys, Patriots network in that order. So, if you're tuning into ESPN for sports news as a Houstonian you will likely not get anything relevant. But, it's been that way forever so no surprise there.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

there was a half a second clip of Dream in the Dr J commercial

8. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Haven't seen the commercial yet, probably because I haven't watched a single second of the NBA finals this year. So if its a new commercial I haven't seen it. If Dream was featured in half a second of the commercial it would be half a second more than the commercial he was featured in back in the Clutch City days. You should know better than most that the Rockets never got much publicity even when they were winning those championships. Jordan/Barkley/Shaq took all of the spotlight back then.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

FLASH21 likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

they will never erase history, but we can watch them try

11. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

They mention bill russel bc the finals MVP is named after him. When it comes up naturally they mention the rockets. Why should they go out of their way to mention championships from 94/95? There's a whole generation of rockets fans that don't even remember them.

This has got to be the most sensitive fan base ever. I've never once watched a national game not involving the rockets and tried to count how many times they were mentioned. Honestly I don't even remember what they were talking about during last nights game since I don't give a crap about what the announcers talk about. The game could be on mute for all I care.

12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

How insecure are you?

13. Know Your Role

When the Warriors sweep, we might get a mention for our historic 4 game beating of the Magic. I'm done with nba bball until draft night so I'm not going to be listening to broadcast.

tinman likes this.