1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game] Dragon Age II

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chuck 4, Mar 3, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Anyone else going to be playing this? I really enjoyed the first one and I like just about anything BioWare makes. Comes out in a few days and looks to be a good holdover until Mass Effect 3.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K8mn1rVakZg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

I had the first one, played through it a couple times but was never enthralled with it. I've got the demo for this one downloaded, but I haven't played it yet. I don't think I'm going to pick this one up. I think I've only got enough in me for one medieval fantasy game this year, and I'll be holding out for Skyrim.

3. SoccerFan

SoccerFan Member

Wow you didn't really like it but still put in 80+ hours in the game? That shows commitment...

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I loved the first one, and will be getting this one. Are there any pre-order deals? I might pre-order it.

5. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

Never said I didn't like it, just didn't love it. And I don't play games for the commitment, I play them to alleviate boredom. It was serviceable in that regard, but there are a TON of good games out there now. Dragon Age feels like a LOTR world with less interesting fantasy aspects and clunky controls.

6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Same, but I only made it through 1 and a half times. Story was ok, nothing special (I wasn't expecting it to be). I think the "bird's eye view" inteface in Baldur's Gate worked better, and the spells and combat were nowhere near as fun as BG2. Would have been satisfied with either a good story (like planescape) or fun combat (BG2) but DA provided none. Don't think I'll try DA2 unless I'm really bored.

7. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

That is one of their weakest trailer. This is better. I try playing the first one and it was pretty good except for being a little laggy. Didn't have the time to complete the whole game but I love this genre. Bioware are head above other companies out there IMO.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/750KflE-Yew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The things I really liked about DA I was the way that the background you chose influenced the story especially at the beginning. I thought that was pretty cool. The complex relationships in the story with other characters also made it interesting to me. The moral dilemma questions and choices also added flavor to the game.

It was one of the few games that I started playing over again once I finished.

9. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Clunky controls? I really liked the controls. I got busy and never got to finish the first one but I definitely am planning on going back to finish it and the new one too.

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Thanks! That's the one I saw before and couldn't find it on Youtube.

11. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes pre-order gets you some extra gear. It is a sword and board if I remember correctly. I will be getting it but probably not until the end of the month.

12. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

I think some of the pre-order stuff was time limited (basically pre-order before a certain date). They also added free gear when the demo reached 1 million downloads, and are doing some kind of challenge on Facebook which will also unlock free gear when completed.

I've got this pre-ordered and I can't wait to see the Ser Isaac of Clarke armor in-game. :grin:

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'll definitely be getting this one as I wait for Skyrim. I'm not as gung-ho about this game as I was about the original DA, but I enjoyed that one, so will try this, as well. I haven't tried the demo, though.

14. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Was a bit disappointed with the original, and have been turned off by most of the previews/PR leading up to the release of DA2 ("graphics are way better" -> release screens of game that might as well be a Xbox 1 game). Might be good, and I may check it out at some point, but not nearly as excited for it as I was for the original.

Part of that has to do with the fact that The Witcher 2 looks amazing, and that's killed some of the interest I'd have in DA2.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Did you play the first Witcher? Everyone seemed to love that game, but I played for a while and just got bored with it. I can't even remember why I stopped playing - I just stopped. I can't even remember what I liked or disliked about the game. Weird.

16. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah. It is really slow and boring at first. Eventually picks up. Still flawed (probably is overrated), but I see some potential with the series.

Witcher 2 just seems like a vast improvement over the original, which is what gets me excited.

17. Hou_rox

Hou_rox Member

I really liked the story in the first one, and now, I don't know what to think about this new guy. I wanna play with my Warden! lol

18. joesr

joesr Member

preorder from Bestbuy gives u a amulet of somekind.

fire protection and some other stats

19. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

The free upgraded edition is paid for and just waiting for the midnight release.

I've played the demo with all three characters and I like how the rogue is now an actual class, not just a less powerful warrior who can open locks. Dual wielding is nasty, and backstab doesn't require you to physically get behind your target, you disappear in a puff of smoke and just appear behind him to wreck his day.

20. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I already ordered it. This is a great year for games, DA2, The Witcher 2, and Skyrim.

I loved the first dragon age, (I do have to admit that I liked Baldurs Gate 2 and Neverwinternights 2 a bit better), I liked the Demo. The gameplay feels great.