1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Timberwolves bowing out without a fight? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Game Ball: Chandler Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamRoxCoogFan, Apr 29, 2013.

1. DreamRoxCoogFan

Our very own Sunshine.

He picked up the intensity when the game was getting away from the Rockets and Harden couldn't get anything going. Came out in the 3rd and took the game that was hanging in the balance. Great to see him continue to grow and post game interview showed that he wasn't happy with just one good game.

Of course everyone stepped up in the game, but that 3rd quarter push was something I'd never seen from him.

2. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Sunshine is a great nickname. lol

3. filamswag

filamswag Rookie

Parsons carried this team

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he should be the one with the ball in his hands in crunch time for this game. would've been a two posession game at least.

5. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Parsons is the perfect player for a championship contender.

6. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I prefer Sunflower

7. Convictedstupid

Pretty sure the game ball should go to Ibaka....

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

i'd give it to beverly.

9. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

Holy balls "sunshine" is perfect...

10. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

He was just filthy tonight coming out of halftime.. I was loving how he would stare down and chirp at Serge/Perk after those dunks!!

Reminded me of his rookie season when he was jamming on Blake and getting all up in his face.. or the putpack+teabag on McGee hahah.. classic

11. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Being the only one left from that horrific meltdown of last season, its no surprise that Parsons won't let this team die without a fight.

Asik has that Chicago Bulls fight in him. Also has two years of Thibs defensive knowledge and discipline.

Garcia has the memory of so many wasted kings' seasons.

Beverley has been around the world, fighting to get into the NBA

They may not have all the talent or popularity, but they are the reasons we did not get swept. Heart of the team.

12. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I found myself for the first time this season being a lot more comfortable with the ball in Parson's hands, as opposed to Harden's.

I hope McHale takes notice of tonight -- until Harden gets a chance to rest and get healthy the late game possessions need to run through Parsons, not Harden iso ball.

13. acjeitherocket

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I remember at the end of the 2nd quarter being angry because Parsons was still in the game. He was playing bad defense, taking terrible shots, and when he got a layup he couldn't get it to fall.

Then at the start of the 2nd half he went up and slammed it home on his first possession. That's when I knew the real Parsons was back.

15. rainjacket

rainjacket Member

How big was Delfino? Steal into a 3 at the end of the half, and steal into a dunk on Durant.

Beverly deserves praise too. What I like about him is that he plays with a ton of athleticism and recklessness, but he also seems to be under control. He always lands safely, and he backs away from going for blocks that he knows he can't make. Reminds me a little bit of Westbrook in that respect - hopefully he can also go a long time without injuries (knock on wood).

16. rainjacket

rainjacket Member

Parsons carried the team throughout the night. And Garcia and Asik played great. Only Harden was bad today. :x

17. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Chandler can have the game ball and father all my babies.