1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 6 against Spurs | Concussion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Jun 29, 2019.

1. SidDaKid

SidDaKid Member

While we are waiting for Free Agency to start, I wanted to ask a question to the community.

After James Harden was hit in the head in game 5 by Paul Gasol, there was a rumor of a potential concussion. My questions are (I am looking for verified team sources and not rumors that are found on the internet):

1. Did the NBA have a concussion protocol in place at that time?

2. Did the Rockets put James Harden through the concussion protocol?

3. Did the Rockets have a team numerologist that verified if he had a concussion or not?

4. Why did the Rockets team staff keep it under raps and allow him to play if he actually had a concussion?

5. Was it a bad look that James Harden ended up at the club after the game?

6. If James Harden did have a concussion and played, wouldn't that lead to a wave of firings (aka Warriors)? Did Morey and the owner know about this or kept in the dark?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

@B-Bob our resident scientist, please advise on the proper Numerology process for handling concussions.

hakeem94, glenadyll and amaru like this.
  3. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Let's not try and make excuses yet again for this shambolic performance

Harden QUIT on the Rockets that day. No two ways about it. It is what it is.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yes, in the Greek system it goes like this: take the natural log of the number of fingers you hold up and divide by the arctangent of the number of fingers the player claims to see. Then, compare the resulting number to the player's WAR value. If the number is greater than WAR, then the player must sit out at least one game.

Scarface, Haymitch and glenadyll like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

Why are u randomly bringing up old sh*t?

hakeem94 and Fulgore like this.
  6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Game 6 against the spurs?

Nah,

I'm on day 6 for Butler.

Reeko and YOLO like this.
  7. Caprah

Caprah Member

What that was over 2 years ago who cares

8. rockets13champs

What IS THIS 2017?????

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, true the Greek system is several thousand years old. I could describe the newer Argentinian concussion numerology protocol, but it is honestly not as reliable.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Fwiw... A couple days after the game (during the CF upheaval)... @Plowman or @Codman or somebody along those lines alluded that James was going to have some Oprah like interview where he was going to offer some revelation regarding his questionable performance(s) in the playoffs...
    I think its been mentioned that he has allergies, so maybe some complication regarding allergies that time of year coupled with his asthmatic youth... or some anxiety thing... or something...
    Anyway, I never heard anything more about it... never heard any official reasoning or excuse...
    Theoretically, maybe they didnt want to tip their hand regarding some achilles heel - or maybe it was pure bs... idk...
    I always figured after some players got changed out that some former player would offer some insight... never happened...
    I'd like to believe that he didnt just quit... and then got rewarded with a supermax contract... but idk...