1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game 2] Kendrick Perkins holding back Chandler Parsons for Sefolosha 3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dmenacela, Apr 24, 2013.

1. hahachui

hahachui Member

We should have won this...
    fxxk the ref

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I've played and watched basketball for over 20 years, and while I'm familiar with the clutching and grabbing that goes on, I can't recall seeing a player so blatantly grab an opponent's arm with both hands and hold him back from contesting a shot like that.

That said, it wasn't clear in real-time and the ref closest to the play seemed to have his view blocked by Perkins, so while it's maddening that it wasn't called, I'm not surprised.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

OMGGGG this reminds me of the time kirilenko flopped his ass outta TC, think it was bobby jackson

ref swallowed his whistle you can see it in his pathetic eyes

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You must be thinking of when he flopped on Scola. That foul call was every bit as pathetic as the non-call on Perkins. You can argue it was worse because apparently the ref was looking (since he called a foul).

Or perhaps he blew the whistle because he heard AK crying like a girl and then saw him falling down.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I doesn't matter whether Parsons could have affected the shot. It was a blatant foul. Period. If it's a foul, it should be called.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He flopped too though, but that should be a call.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It was a foul no doubt, but in the heat of action, that's a tough one to see. Also, and this is the most important thing to remember......Sefolosha still had to make the shot. Parsons wasn't going to block it, nor was he going to get there in time to force Thabo to not shoot. I really think it's much ado about nothing, but still frustrating that they missed this call.

8. cbk41

cbk41 Member

I think that foul would have put us in the penalty and it would of been 2 FTs.

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Bobby Jackson made the shot and they find a way to call some bs flop against us.

10. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

foul called, no basket, our ball

11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I actually think Parsons had a good chance of disrupting the shot if he wasn't held. It was a bounce pass without a whole lot of zip on it, and Sefolosha doesn't have a quick release. And given time and score, the Thunder didn't need a three. I'm confident that a decent close out from a 6'9" guy like Parsons could have chased Sefolosha off the line in that situation.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

what was vegas' line for tonight's game?

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Pretty ridiculous! I didn't record the post game stuff... What was the talk about that play?

14. nebula955

nebula955 Member

Ugh. Still, foul called, and we go up by 1 instead of being down by 4. We only lost by 3...would have been the difference for sure.

15. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

theoretically Westbrook I guess, yeah that's a pretty bad position though, he had completely lost sight of him and he's BEHIND him, if Parsons had been able to close in and Thabo was forced to pass Westbrook have a million ways of running into a good spot with Harden still being on the other end of the court.

16. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Watching the clip, it's really Beverley that completely missed his defensive assignment on that play, left Sefolosha WIDE open to try and help on Durant. Big mistake.

17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Pretty sure it was over 10. One reason I only watch Rockets game, whenever we finish, I'm done until next season starts. NBA likes dynastic teams, or superstar players, if we aren't there yet, or we don't have that many, we won't get our fair share of calls.

18. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

He wasn't helping on Durant. He was blocking Ibaka from having a wide open dunk at the rim, which he would have had if Bev didn't rotate and slow him down. Rewatch it. Just another clip showing Bev being awesome at defense.

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

EddieWasSnubbed's wife faints...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OMNPPwq8I2Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Depends if the foul occurred before Sefolosha shot the ball. If the refs ruled that it did, then the shot would've been waived off. I don't remember if the Thunder were in the penalty by that time, but if they were, that would've been 2 FT for Parsons.