1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 1 Referees

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 14, 2018.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Tony Brothers willed the Cavs to a Game 7 win over the Pacers. Each time LeBron got a pass in the low post a light touch is a foul. Honestly should the Rockets File a Protest. Chant "referees suck". Wish the Rockets not play this game at all. Rest Harden and Paul just to say Screw you Adam Silver. No TV ratings for you.

pippendagimp and hakeem94 like this.
  2. 523744

523744 Member

[​IMG]

3. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Anyone know their paypal acct?

donation to NBA cares.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Tony brothers and foster...holly ****, 2 of the worst referees in the NBA, I think we are ****ed, watch the warriors shoot like 30 ft.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Only 30 free throws for the Warriors would be a win for us with these 2 refs.

ryano2009 and pippendagimp like this.
  6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The whole referees system is so bad Dick Bavetta refereed until at around 70 years old. Joey Crawford blew out his knee when he retired he was really old too. Referees have to have a age limit to 40 at least. The G League should be a system that referees should get called up and Old Referees should be gone.

7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

This game I think I will scoreboard watch. So Angry Right Now. It should be about the players not the Referees, Both Tony Brothers and Foster are such TV Whores

8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Our Players could get seriously injured especially Capela, Harden, Paul. Thug Draymond will Donkey Hoof Nut Kick the Rockets

9. PooleBoi7

PooleBoi7 Member

"Donkey Hoof Nut Kick" has to be the greatest thing I've heard all morning loooool

rockets1995 likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

11. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

So after tonight, Rockets record will be 1-4 when Scott Foster is officiating their game.

Perki-Perk likes this.
  12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I want someone to have a sign behind the Warriors bench saying "Donkey Hoof Nut Kicker" with a arrow pointing down at Draymond Green that would be awesome.

Perki-Perk likes this.
  13. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

phone call phone call phone call phone call phone call phone call phone call phone call phone call phone call
    phone call phone call phone call phone call phone call phone call phone call phone call phone call phone call
    phone call phone call phone call phone call

Just in case you wanted to know what 134 phone calls looked like.

• Convicted illicit betting scandal ref Tim Donaghy placed 134 calls to a second referee, Scott Foster, between October 2006 and April 2007;

• Many of these calls lasted no longer than two minutes;

• Many of these calls were placed in the hours before or after games; and on a few days, Donaghy's calls to Foster were close in time to calls Donaghy made to Thomas Martino, the "middleman" who passed along the referee's betting picks to professional gamblers. Martino was sentenced to 12 months in prison for his role in Donaghy's scheme.

Happy Sports Betting Day!

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I tweeted this to Clutch, but I'll post it here too. Don't get me wrong. I hate Foster and especially Brothers. But let's take a closer look at that 0-4 record with Foster reffing our games:

Rockets-Thunder Game 3: The Rockets lost by 2 points(Harden had a shot to win it at the end and came up short) and shot 10 more free throws than the Thunder. I do think Foster and the officiating crew did influence the game. Bev fouled out that night and Harden had 5 fouls. The only Thunder player with 4 fouls was Oladipo. No else had more than 3. Not necessarily a blatant screwjob, but the NBA clearly wanted to extend this series(it was THE marquee matchup of the first round) and Foster barely managed to pull it off.

Rockets-Spurs Game 2: The Foster Brothers crew was assigned to this one. It wouldn't surprise me if Silver and the NBA did it with the objective of ensuring a split for the Spurs heading into Game 3. But it was only a 5-point game after 3 quarters, no Rockets player finished with more than 4 fouls, and that was the night Parker blew out his quad. I vaguely remember this game, but I can't really recall any blatant screwjob by the refs. The Rockets did only shoot 15 free throws, but the Spurs only shot 18 themselves.

Rockets-Spurs Game 6: DO NOT blame Foster for this one. No Kawhi, no Parker, and the season is on the line at home. Harden never showed up and the Rockets wound up losing by 39 in humiliating fashion. Maybe Foster was there to screw us over(I seriously doubt this, but I'll play along with the conspiracy), but we never even gave him the opportunity to do so.

Rockets-Jazz Game 2: Another Foster Brothers crew assignment. But again, it's hard to blame the refs for this loss. The Rockets never played any semblance of defense for the first 20 minutes of the game. By the time they did, they easily got back into the game and took the lead, but by then, they'd wasted all their energy and had nothing left in the tank in the 4th quarter.

So I do think there's something to that Thunder game and maybe Game 2 vs the Spurs. But Game 6 was all on Harden and the Jazz game would've been an easy win had the Rockets respected their opponent that night.

Perki-Perk and DreamShook like this.
  15. MystikArkitect

Lol. Either fanbase going to go ballistic when they lose.

cdrive likes this.
  16. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Start practicing your "F U refs" chant if you attending the game.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

No one said it was going to be easy. Let's go. Get it out of the way.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

they probably bring this crew back again this series now. woulda been better for us to get them like game 3 or 4, and get the loss @ GS out of the way as well

19. eslate22

eslate22 Member

refs won’t cost us a game... the nba telling the refs when not to call fouls for harden will

20. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Draymond Green has what 15 technical fouls? How many were called by Foster or Brothers? Will he be suspended one game on the next technical? Let the chanting begin.