1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Galveston Daily News]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deep Waters, Oct 28, 2010.

1. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I agree with his general assessment of the team as it stands now, but I don't think that the current management has made any mistakes for the fans to be mad about. We can be disappointed that Lebron, Wade, and Bosh didn't choose to come here, but it isn't like they were all hoping to play for Houston, but the Rocket's blew it. Likewise we can be disappointed that Tmac and Yao spent most of their time together with at least one of them injured, but Morey was not responsible for aquiring either player. We don't have any glaring mistakes free agent or draft wise since Morey took over. We just need a completely healthy franchise level player, and we have the assets to be in the running for getting one. But there has to be a player available and willing to come here for that to matter.

The defense needs a lot of work, but I expect the team to be entertaining, and should win ~47-53 games, with a major trade some time this year drastically increasing our chances. The only problem I have with the article is the notion that we should be mad at the Rockets for where they currently are, with no discussion on what they should have done/should do to improve.

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

3. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

You must be from Galveston seems like that comment hurt your feelings. Ever heard of a Rhetorical Question?

4. Deep Waters

Deep Waters Member

Alright, while every one is busy analyzing and defragmenting our every weakness and hole. I'll be cheering on the Rockets.

Yall are startin to sound like the national media, hating and dwelling on 'realistic' views just may fuel our roster's fire...Keep at it.

GO ROCKETS

5. Deep Waters

Deep Waters Member

Author avoids all of our strenghts and concludes his reasoning. He takes shots at every player he can think of and no one cares! Mentioning Hill only averages 6 points isn't the most vital piece of information when evaluating the Rockets. He doesn't speak of Scola or Battier once. It's been two games, but this guy has our season wrapped out. All of clutchfans nods in approval. Some fanbase.

6. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

So you do not want to hear the truth? Well, what can I say, half of the people here at this board are like that.

Why are you so afraid to speak out? Who are you? Jonathon Feigen?

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Unless proven otherwise, the writer is telling you the cold, hard truth about our beloved Rockets.

This should be posted in the Rockets locker room for all to see.

8. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Yeah, I emailed him too in an attempt to bring balance to the idiocy you're spewing across teh internets.

9. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

Hey dude, it is not a Rhetorical Question - it is called ignorance. There are difference between a Rhetorical Question and taking cheap shots at one of the well known historical places in Texas. Obviously you do not know that.
    And I am not from Galveston.

10. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

This.

I am and will always be a loyal Rockets fan. I will be watching games. I will be following the news. But I know this team is not going anywhere when it comes to winning a chamionship.

That is called facing reality. That's what grown ups do.

11. alethios

alethios Member

Tell that to all the Chinese fans. I'm sure there are a few of them not living in Texas.

To state it more accurately, David Stern and the sports media don't care or recognize what we've done.

12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

And here I was enjoying the season so far.

Dumb me. :(

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Nope, I'm actually from the tc/lm area, but that has nothing to do with it. People from conroe to galveston to beaumont to sealy all follow the rockets. Galveston has a strong rocket following and have been with the rockets for awhile. Just because a writer/blogger has his opinion doesnt mean he's right or wrong and doesnt mean he doesnt have good information to base his opinion. Maybe the poster was being funny or maybe they arent from here, so thats my bad. To ask if they have a newspaper when in fact they have the oldest paper in texas is almost comical. As i stated earlier, galveston used to be the place where the bond occured for the finals run.

14. alethios

alethios Member

Relax, fella! I thought it was funny, not meant to offend. I've spent a lot of time in Galveston myself and seen the growth and development of this beautiful city, so I love the place. But I'm not getting offended by those comments because they are meant to make people smile, which I did. I would rather people on this board lighten up, have fun and not take themselves so seriously.

15. RocketMania1991

What do you want David Stern and ESPN to recognize.......?

"Finally the Houston Rockets made it out of the first round"

There's your recognition.

Hardly any of the national media respect this team and rightfully so. Until we thankfully got matched up with the Blazers and beat them we were a laughing stock when it came playoff time.

"Oh look the Rockets won 50 games in the regular season, to bad they will get another first round exit"

We have done nothing worthy to garner any special attention.

16. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Feeling like a minority?

As a fan there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a homer.

I don't mind you 10% realists at all. I appreciate your kind.

But don't use "homer" like a derogatory remark.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Funny how negative Nancies love to call themselves realistc.

Sort of like wing nuts love to call themselves patriots.

18. amaru

amaru Member

I kinda agree.....the point of this game is to win championships and this current team isn't really close to that goal imho

19. Raven

Raven Member

Let's nip this in the bud, right now. Only a few posters think the Rockets are good to go. The majority of us are under no such delusions. I'll say it again, he added zero new insight, nor did he explain what he thinks the organization is doing wrong or what he would do differently.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

VERY TRUE!