1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FYI, Yao had his comments on the trade and T-Mac (In English)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by li_chen18, Jul 5, 2004.

1. li_chen18

li_chen18 Contributing Member

http://www.yaoming.net/journal_list.aspx

Jun 30 2004
    Yao Ming on the recently announced trade between the Houston Rockets and the Orlando Magic.

"When I heard about the trade, my first thought was that I will miss my friends Steve, Cuttino and Kelvin very much. They were great teammates, and were all very helpful to me during my first 2 years in the NBA. I'm sorry to see them go, but I understand that is the way of the business. I wish them well with their new team. But I am also very excited to be playing with Tracy McGrady. He is one of the best, most exciting players in the NBA. We also get very talented players in Juwan Howard, Tyronn Lue and Reece Gaines . I welcome them all to Houston and look forward to playing with them."

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Whoa, I was expecting Yao to bash T-Mac and demand a trade?!?!

3. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

Good god..

Can I expect the portuguese translation of Yao's thoughts on the deal, soon as well? :eek:

I'm sure everyone's interested but how many threads must be started on the subject?

4. li_chen18

li_chen18 Contributing Member

Lol. Some people here were wondering why Yao was so quiet on this TMac-Francis trade. And I kinda had the same concern, too. So after I found out this information , I thought fans here might want to know this, too. Sorry if this has already being posted.

5. leewaye

leewaye Member

yao admires T-mac, t-mac admires yao, too.
    as a chinese, I wish mm group will cooperate well in a couple of years.

I was deeply moved to hear the great scoring champion say "bring me a championship, big man". T-mac is obvious a big man with a heart of championship. He is truly looking forward to do something big with yao.

yao, It's your turn to say something to T-mac. A friendly telephone is a wonderful idea!:rolleyes:

6. feishen

feishen Member

7. sup123

sup123 Member

good news :D

8. micah1j

micah1j Member

This statement was created by his Public Relations/Agents not by Yao himself.

9. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

Yea. How can we verify?

10. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

proof?

11. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

12. micah1j

micah1j Member

Common sense. Read it again and try to imagine Yao saying it. It’s a perfect statement crafted by professionals.

13. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

He said almost the same thing (albeit a shorter version)...in english...last night on channel 2.

Maybe it was crafted by "professionals" but Yao said it himself. I saw it last night.