1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[FX] Devs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tallanvor, Mar 10, 2020.

1. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Just finished watching the last episode. Excellent series (so far!). I could look past some of the average acting as the story drew me in pretty well and kept me entertained. I do have some questions that either were unanswered or I didn't understand. I know it's been quite some time since most of you guys watched this...but I'll fire them off anyway...

1. The reboot...so, if Forest and Lily were in a sim, did they have the option of free will...or was that still within the deterministic universe?
    2. What kept the sim from repeating the same process over and having the sim version of Forest and Lily go into a sim within the sim (and so forth)?
    3. The Senator and Katie dialog...there's going to be a Season 2...right? That seemed to leave the door wide open for a struggle to keep the machine "going" and for Katie to figure out how to get the machine to process and determine a free will future.
    4. What happened in "real life" after the end? Stewart killed Lily and Forest. There are two dead bodies at Lily's apartment. The Russians are hot-and-heavy for the Deus technology.

In the end, I did like the way this part of the story was wrapped up. Slightly unbelievable...but still entertaining. I'm really hoping FX (or someone else) take a gamble on producing more stuff like Devs. It was filmed really well...visually stunning and the soundtrack/audio was equally impressive. Hoping that if they decide for a Season 2, the storyline will be equally deep (how can it not be...the main characters are stuck in a computer simulation).