1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FWIW] Courtney Lee tells Magic fan he wants to sign with Orlando

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketDonut, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

In New Jersey, Terrence Williams was a better player than Courtney Lee who was on the same team. Just shows how circumstances can make or break players.

2. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

But I guess its a different situation though since Battier was unrestricted and CLee is restricted.

3. Houston_Rockets

Sorry bro had to go, stay strong my friend ;).

Wouldn´t you also be shocked if Magic gambles, doesn´t trade him, D12 doesn´t want to extend, and they are left with the decision come trade deadline, of trading him for scraps, or go all in and try to win it all, with the same team as this year, but knowing that the chances of that hapening are 0??? I would (under current CBA, don´t know how the league will protect teams, against franchise players demanding trades to specific teams).

Utah did what every team should do if you have a franchise guy that indicates that he does not want to stay, trade him, wile you still have all the power.

The moment the player and his agent start controlling the media, and starts talking about possible destinations, you know you are in trouble, IMO.

PeAcE

4. Relentless

Relentless Member

Release the KRAKEN!!!

5. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Why would you sign with a team that traded you right after you helped them get to the NBA Finals? and it looks like Orlando is headed in the wrong direction..

6. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Has anyone considered that the dude on the radio was lying or stretching his story? Are we at a point where we believe EVERYthing we hear as truth and run with it? He said he was talking to Courtney at a resturant and he said was wants to sign with the magic because he will be a free-agent....hello red flag number 1. Why would Lee say that when he has two years left; one being a team option? Unless there is some kind of clause in his contract that allows him to leave (i doubt it) then why would he tell this dude that? My thoughts..........Truth Stretching

It's simular to Woodchucks chucking wood....

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Based on what?

8. delishman

delishman Member

Eeeehhhhhhh....

Terrance offered some play making ability on a team devoid of playmakers. Courtney is a better fit within a balanced offense. Wouldn't go as far to say he was better.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If Terrence was allowed control of the offence, he did a lot to help that team. Here, he isn't allowed to make playmaking decisions; which is where he is most effective.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Eh... Sometimes players tell fans what they want to hear...