1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Futbol] USA vs. Poland tomorrow on ESPN2

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by tigermission1, Mar 1, 2006.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I was flipping through the guide and there's a USA/Poland game tomorrow at 1pm on ESPN2.

Is anyone else aware of that or is it an old game or what?

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'll be watching. It's a new game, and Kasey Keller is going to be back to play!!! :D :D

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/index?ver=us&cc=5901

A pro-U.S. crowd in the neighborhood of 15,000 at Fritz Walter Stadium is expected for the Americans' international friendly vs. Poland here Wednesday (ESPN2, 2 p.m. ET). :eek: That's going to be cool to see.

-----------USAUSAUSA ------------

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

USA ---------------------USA

#2 Uprising, Mar 1, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Damn, I wish I would have set the Tivo! May have to take a late lunch and head to BW3s or something.

4. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I noticed it last night as well when I was scrolling through to see if ESPN classic was going to show a classic rockets game since they are one ESPN 2night.

Also, if anyone is interested and has Fox Soccer Channel (110 on TW digital cable), England is playing Uruguay at 2PM, replay at 7PM & 10PM.

5. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Telemundo is supposed to show a replay of it sometime but I'm not sure when.

It should be a good game for the US, most of the European based players are going to be available for this game so we should see a strong lineup from them.

U.S.MNT Roster vs. Poland
    Goalkeepers (2) – Tim Howard (Manchester United), Kasey Keller (Borussia Moenchengladbach)
    Defenders (6) –Gregg Berhalter (Energie Cottbus), Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham FC), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Eddie Lewis (Leeds United), Oguchi Onyewu (Standard de Liege), Jonathan Spector (Charlton Athletic)
    Midfielders (7) –DaMarcus Beasley (PSV Eindhoven), Bobby Convey (Reading FC), Clint Dempsey (New England Revolution), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Chris Klein (Real Salt Lake), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids), Kerry Zavagnin (Kansas City Wizards)
    Forwards (4) – Eddie Johnson (Kansas City Wizards), Brian McBride (Fulham FC), Taylor Twellman (New England Revolution), Josh Wolff (Kansas City Wizards)

6. Uprising

Some great saves by Keller. good Defensive game so far.

USA with a good chance here. Free Kick!

7. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

8. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Not a great performance, but it's nice to finally get a win on European soil, and the fact that Poland played basically the squad they'll be playing in the World Cup makes it even sweeter.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

DrLudicrus, that's AFTER the Mexico vs. Ghana game... the U.S. game will be @ 11, as soon as the News end...
    Ahhh, how I loved France '98.

;)

It was a lucky freebie. I saw the score. :D

#9 SwoLy-D, Mar 1, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  10. RocketFan007

I agree, there was some luck involved with the goal, but it still went in. It's nice to say that we really didn't play well, and still won in Europe against a World Cup squad, it really shows how far the US has come in recent years.

11. Uprising

Good game. Our scoring wasn' as existant as in past games, but that was still a W.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. RocketFan007

SwoLy, what's up with Telemundo showing the Mexico-Ghana match tonight on delay? Now I have to stay up until 1, to get a glimpse of our World Cup competition. Good thing I'm only 5 hours into a about a 10 hour lab report.

13. SwoLy-D

F*ck :mad:

I am pissed as you are. Not only do these dumb fOckers tell you the score before they show the game... they tell you at what minute the goal came and who scored it... :mad: *click if you want the spoilers*

So much for suspense, those idiots at Tele-Dumb-o... ARGRHGHGHG!!!! :mad: I am rippin' them a new one in their st0opid SURVEY.

Good luck on your report, buddy. eMail me if you need help with that.

14. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

They played much better in the second half than in the first. Overall it was good to see them play a good team and pull out a win.

USA - Undefeated in 2006!

15. SwoLy-D

GOL. (see Guillermo Franco raise his hand and get the perfect pass.)

I am going to sleep.