1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Further Numerical Evidence TSlack Has Hurt Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by northeastfan, Feb 11, 2009.

1. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

alright
    maybe badger fan
    you guys are neck and neck

2. choujie

choujie Member

Not only the numbers are wrong, this conclusion is very flawed as well.

Yao missed 27 games last season, Rocekts were 19-8.

But in the last 27 games Yao played, Rockets were 23-4. Do you understand what that means?

At the beginning of the season Rockets was learning a new system and Yao was being used as a decoy, and it took a while to get used to Yao centered offense after Tmac went down.

Even if you don't consider this, rox was 36-19 with Yao for 65%, 19-8 without yao for 70%, far from the difference about with/without Tmac record this season.

3. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I don't know. Maybe DD? Relentless = hate? Back to Yao, the record of the Rockets last year with Yao was worse than without him. What is your conclusion?

4. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

without tmac this team couldn't win in past 4 yrs. do you need stats for that? i assume you've been watching games
    so a half season with knee injury and average effort pissed you off all of a sudden?

5. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Why are we talking past? Who said anything about the past? Let's either talk Yao last year or the present (which is probably more reasonable since that's all the coaches and management can alter).

1. Has TMac hurt the team with his recent play?
    2. Should he sit and recover?

6. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

you just said it fool

7. choujie

choujie Member

Without Tmac this team couldn't win in first 3 years, that's a given. Last year, the team was 9-7 without Tmac. This year it's even better.

Tmac played great for Rox before, nobody denies it. But TO's number is not wrong. Tmac is hurting Rox at this moment, he should sit until he's completely healthy.

The healthy and determined Tmac helps Rox a lot, but not the injured Tmac.

8. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

hey
    how much time did you spent on those pointless numericals? just wondering.. :confused:

9. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Again with the attacks. Sigh. If your only conclusion is that the Rockets had a better record without Yao than with him, fine. We agree.

10. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Of course, you won't answer the questions, but just attack me. No wonder there is no reasonable discourse.

11. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

agree
    rockets are better without tmac this year no question
    look at this northeast clown.. he's trying so hard to convince people that tmac is the problem this year when everone already knew

12. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Adleman apparently doesn't know.

13. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

i already said these detail numericals are pointless
    what are you holliger?
    doesn't worth a reply

14. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Okay, then let's agree to disagree.

15. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

you mean adleman should play tmac off the bench?

16. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I would prefer that TMac not even play. Let him heal up. If it takes 8 months, let it be.

17. billylin

billylin Member

I am Chinese. I root for Yao more than the Rockets. But I want Yao to win the championship, because without team winning, personal stat is useless in basketball.

Those TMac fans should face the fact bravely. TMac ruined the team not physically but mentally, no one in the team wants to play with TMac anymore. Rockets managers are just trying to get the best value out of TMac, because they don't want him anymore but they still want to get something back. There must be a story behind what we see from the newspaper.

A winning Rockets just miss some small piece to compliment Yao rather than a mentally injured 'Superstar' like TMac. I will trade TMac for billups in a heart beat if the salary can much. Because what Yao missed is someone create by themselves to release his pressure and someone can do something in clutch. Yao improves a lot this year, now he has determination, domination(most of the time) and precision, what's left is clutch and someone that can let him rest 15min per game.

Did you guys realize that actually Wafer brings big help to Yao, because he penetrates? Why you want someone like TMac where 1+1<2, rather than 1+0.5=2 ? I know TMac penetrated before, but that's how many years ago?

If you think Rockets should rely on TMac then please shop Yao for something from the Lakers.
    Otherwise forget about TMac and bring some pieces to compliment Yao.
    We **** not only want Yao's Stats but also winning. At this moment we root for Rockets 100%+++++, even when Yao is down we still want the team to win.

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    You're right. There is no defense of T-Mac right now.
    I agree
    <br>
    That second statement is all opinon though, and don't try and play it off, because it is...

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    hahahhahaha

And you guys say that you are impartial... :rolleyes:

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is speculation.

He already shut himself down once for it this year...according to Feigen, then he misses a dunk, shoots 1-9, tells people it was not the knee, but that he was scared, and the very next day it is all of the sudden the knee again.

Seems fishy.

DD