1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Further Numerical Evidence TSlack Has Hurt Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by northeastfan, Feb 11, 2009.

1. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Tell me how you really feel .... :D :D

2. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

he hurts us

3. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Not even the biggest Tmac lover would say he has played good this year. Not even the biggest Tmac lover would say the team has been better with him playing then when he has been out. The argument does not involve the games played so far this season.

I think what most people here who still root for Tmac believe is this team can not contend for a championship without a healthy Tmac. Let me ask anyone who is calling him names and wishing he were dead a question. Do you really think this team can do damage in the playoffs without Tmac?

Yes they should make the playoffs. Yes they should play a close round 1, maybe even win it. But do you think if Tmac sits the whole year out, this team has any chance to beat LA or SA? Maybe it is a dream that Tmac regains his old form, or even anything close to it. But it is the only seemingly realistic dream that exists right now that would equate to significant playoff success for this team.

Maybe a trade is in the works whether it involves Tmac or not that would make this team better. But as of right now, Artest is horribly inconsisent, Rafer is the same, and Battier is struggling big time. Hell even Yao put up a big 7 point game, the game that Tmac missed the dunk and stunk it up. That doesnt bode well in a 7 game series against a WC playoff team especially when our defense has gone to crap as well.

Basically, I dont think Tmac has helped the team. I think his play has been as bad as his effort level so far. But, do I still root for him. Hell yea, because its gonna be very hard to get rid of him, and if he could somehow turn it around and get healthy, confident or both it would greatly help the team. Do I think that will happen? Not based on anything we have seen lately, but still i hope it does.

What I dont get is how calling him Tslack, saying he should retire and give up 21 million guaranteed dollars (never gonna happen), or bashing people who want him to get better does any good.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm sorry...the care level? Do you have any statistical evidence to back your claim that the care level is at 0? I care... .

If this country keeps going south, then I'm going to move my care level to zero. I'm going to start by driving 45 mph in the fast lane and scream "my care level is 0!" to the pissers behind me flipping me the bird.

I like northeastfan's statistical posts combined with some harsh rhetoric. Keep up the good work!

#84 Surfguy, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  5. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

At this time, it is clear TMac is hurting more than helping the team.

As for during Playoff time, I'd say we need at least Artest or Tmac to be playing well. We need a closer in tight games who can create his own score at the end of the game, and Yao isn't that person (not agile enough, too turnover-prone, etc.). In fact, from our BIG 4 (including Scola), Tmac is the best at it, and Ron is a close second, when healthy, with the ability to force his own score.

6. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Member

TMAC is a chode

7. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I also hope that TMac regains his form; however, I doubt it will happen this year and it may never happen.

Calling him TSlack is my way of blowing off steam. It doesn't do any good, I agree, but I got a chuckle out of it. Praising TMac and hoping for a miracle also doesn't do any good ....

8. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

you chinese guy living in yao's behind.. sigh

k lets see
    when yao played last yr, rockets were 31-19
    when he didn't they were 24-8

is that numerical enough you for

9. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

lets see what else
    when tmac played last year, they were 46-20

10. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

the 22 game win streak was bc of deke showing up and bobby jackson arriving, not TMAC.

11. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Good. Now are there any confounding variables?

12. choujie

choujie Member

Where did you pull this crap out of ? Yao played 55 games last season.

13. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

what's more important than wins and losses?
    unless you are looking for more stuff so you can spin which ever way you want it to look
    basically you can't deny my fact
    take that tofu off of your sig you don't need to pretend

14. DrJB25

DrJB25 Member

totally agree, the data speaks for itself. No need for name calling.

15. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

In sports, nothing. But that doesn't answer the question. Are there any confounding variables?

BTW, I am not a *** which it appears you are trying to accuse me of. I'm not sure why you would want to make this personal.

16. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

conclusion
    the team had a better record when yao wasnt' in the line up
    agree?

17. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Agree (subject to the fact that the numbers appear to be wrong).

Now, what is the explanation of that conclusion?

18. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

getting personal?
    you should look in the mirror .. you're hatre towards tmac
    what are you trying to prove anyways? you've been repeating yourself a million times
    if that's not personal i don't know what is
    so i wouldn't talk

19. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I don't hate TMac. He has been hurting the Rockets with his play, that's all. That's not personal, that's just an observation.

20. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

who's more relentless than you?