1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Further Numerical Evidence TSlack Has Hurt Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by northeastfan, Feb 11, 2009.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Tmac will never be healthy, Rafer will never shoot 60%.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    K dawg! :D

3. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Can we please stop with the nicknames already? I think most here but the most adamant T-Mac fans will agree he is hurting this team to some degree. However, he is clearly playing hurt and to criticize him for "slacking" when it impossible to play at 100% is frankly, childish. Grow up.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Fact: Injured McGrady hurts the team

Fiction: The Rockets are better off without as a whole McGrady

Fact: Healthy McGrady helps the team.

Fiction: Healthy McGrady will be here any time soon.

5. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Man whenever TMac is playing, I get a strong feeling that Rockets are more likely to lose. In some games the whole team just collapses. He's not only playing worse, but also making everyone else on the team play worse. He has to GO!

6. nolimitnp

Well to be fair, the Yao injury last year came out of absolutely no where while in the midst of a 12 game winning streak when things were finally starting to click. How many Rockets fans and players were not absolutely crushed by the news? I think a good argument could be made that the next 5 to 6 wins, hell maybe all of them, were won on pure emotion. Sort of a "win it for Yao" attitude.

7. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Fran wrote:

"He also said he didn't work with weights and didn't do much conditioning over the summer."

That's known as slacking. Then insisting on playing is hurting the team.

8. Dreamlead

Dreamlead Member

There is something else to note though in those games mentioned when you compare when T-Mac plays and when he doesn't. If you just look at leonking's Vs. .500 teams, you'll see a ton of away games that Tracy participated in whereas those that he didn't play in were a lot of home games. Of the 35 games he participated in, 23 of those were away games (12 wins and 11 losses). That means Rockets went ahead and lost four games when he did not play in (Denver, Memphis, Atlanta, and Indiana). Granted, his in and out regiment did not help continuity of the Rockets that we saw when him and Artest took those extended breaks, but we also happened to lose to Indiana again (an away game this time) right before he came back.

It is somewhat a given that good teams play better at home and average on the road, which the Rockets are right now. The elite teams find ways to win at home and on the road. I think we all agree Rockets right now are not elite hence why they lose (somehow to 0.500 or below teams or Eastern conference teams).

That said, I do think T-Mac as he is right now is not really beneficial for the Rockets. I think RA played him far too much. No idea if he has an injury or not, but I for one think we can get by without him (playoffs and get past 1st round is still my goal). I would like to see him with the Rockets if he were healthy (even last year's T-Mac, I'm not being greedy for a pre-Rocket or even 1st year Rocket T-Mac) but for this season it just doesn't seem that he can consistently keep it up. If he cannot stay on the floor and have his teammates expect the same amount of energy and effort to be consistently there then he should sit. He either needs to rest, get even less minutes, or something else someone can think of. If he continues as he is right now, Rockets may as well have the whole revolving door routine except he is taking game minutes when he is obviously not in the groove in physically fit to play.

9. nolimitnp

We actually have zero idea if McGrady was even healthy enough to train at 100% in the offseason. We're relying on information from a writer who is paid to write his OPINION.

Insisting on playing is hurting the team. But I think it also shows that he does care about the team in trying to make a comeback. Unfortunately his body just isn't letting him do what he needs to do and that is blatantly obvious from watching him jump or move laterally. Are you around Tracy everyday to see him train? Are you able to feel his pain? Can you read his mind? Until you can, or anyone else for that matter, please leave the nicknames alone.

10. Lightinfantry

Lightinfantry Member

I'm just crazy about the fact that doctors say tmac can play but tmac insist that he can not. Yes I understand that sometimes doctor may wrong. But top doctorS around the country will make the same mistake again and again and again? I seriously doubt about that.

11. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

this guy just wants to make sure his countryman yao ming rules the team
    so team record doens't really mean anything to him
    i doubt he was cheering for this team after yao went down last yr

12. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

see
    defending yao
    did yao even show up to play in the playoffs
    not hurting the team?
    laugh my ass off

13. Lightinfantry

Lightinfantry Member

So, why not sit tmac rest of the season and watch if yao and scola could lead the team ahead? tmac will have as much time as he need to recover and other players may have chance to prove themselves without tmac. that is fair for both sides.

14. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

From my observation, Wafer is much better than LeBron. But don't ask me to prove my opinion though, as I got too much on my plate.

15. KillerMamba

KillerMamba Member

GO TO HELL T-MAC AND STAY THERE YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF TRASH PLAYER. KEEP STEALING LES' MONEY AND KEEP EMBARASSING THE CITY OF HOUSTON ON A DAILY BASIS WITH YOUR PMS TANTRUMS. GO TO HELL T-MAC AND STAY THERE AND NEVER COME BACK!

Sincerely

Houston Fans!

16. slimichael85

slimichael85 Member

Oh, That is Nasty :(

17. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

Why didn't he play until he is 100% healthy?
    he said "I feel very good",but he hurt Rox very clearly

18. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

T-mac says he feels good but plays bad.
    Yao plays hard ,and he cares the results,I have seen many times that T-mac smile sweetly when we have lost ,have you ever seen Jordan or Kobe smile when they have lost the game ?

19. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

As DD said, show some numerical evidence and let's discuss ....

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is no defense of McGrady right now, people are just not looking at the facts.

The guy is just embarrased out there and shut himself down to avoid further embarassment.

Let's see if he works out HARD over the all star break......he needs to get in shape......but Peter has cried wolf once too often....his starting spot is GONE.

DD