1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fuquan Edwin

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rockets2012, Feb 27, 2014.

1. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Fuquan-Edwin-17425/

Projected to go in late 2nd round. We maybe able to get him if undrafted. I think he's a hidden gem who could fit our system pretty well.

Over the last 3 season's he's been shooting around 38% from deep. And he's got tremendous defensive potential. Ideal low cost/high reward 3-D role player we need going forward.

1 person likes this.
  2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I've thought he may be an option for Rockets, but may be able to get him later in draft.

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I wonder how he measures out. Maybe I'm spoiled by the Chandler Parsons of the world, but 6-6 doesn't scream huge upside for an NBA small forward, though maybe that's why he's currently projected to be a late second rounder. It does look like he has some length.

And he knows the corner three :)

[youtube]eqYiD8e-Qio[/youtube]

4. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Is that Reggie miller out their?

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The Rockets have had a few guys that can slide between the 3 and the 4. He would give the Rockets a guy that can slide between the 2 and the 3. If Canaan replaces Lin as the backup PG next season, Rockets won't be able to play as much with two PGs. I do agree that his ceiling is low and probably tops out at bench guy at best.

6. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I'd like to pick him up just for the name alone. What Da Fuq!

Mauley, get'r dawn!

7. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

Looks like he's less likely to drafted. We could offer him a Covington like contract...

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Edwin could possibly get a contract like Covington. He is a High Risk - Moderate Reward type of prospect. His big risk is will he be able to shoot consistently with NBA athletes closing out on him.

Reminds me of Ronnie Brewer except his shooting mechanics aren't quite that bad.

9. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

A similar player to keep an eye on is Markel Brown, who is unlikely to get drafted but IMO has potential to be a rotation player in this league.

If he can improve on defense and ball handling further like he did in college, he could play PG and become a very good player.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Markel-Brown-18058/

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Fuquan Edwin vs. Furkan Aldemir.

Lovin' these first names.

11. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

12. egriffin1

egriffin1 Member

I trust that Morey will draft well and/or sign rookie FA