1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fun times in Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Mar 11, 2015.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Cuban Chemistry

1 person likes this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

That's why I didn't mind seeing Chandler and Lin go.... both seem like good guys to hang with... but both seem like they would keep it lighthearted, instead of calling out a teammate (ie steppin at Harden about his D last year...). If everybody is hunky dorey, they are typically not pushing one another... a little friction is good - just enough so everybody knows that they will be held accountable - typically that's what leadership is all about (see MJ, Bird, etc...).

All that said... LOVE seeing Dallas go up in flames and while I appreciate what Amare had to say... to be in town for a week or two and complaining to the media is waaaaaaay outta line.... not because he came from the Knicks (who suck), but because there hasn't even been enough time for him to have properly addressed the issue internally....

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

When the Cavs was struggling earlier in the season, Lebron had called out Love multiple times.

That created some noise from the media but eventually everyone was cool.

Because that was Lebron.

Think about what if Mike Miller was calling out Love and how will the situation be like?

Mike Miller : I came here to win a championship, and I am not happy to see a p***y stretch 4 standing at the corner to jack up 3s all day, that should be my job only.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The whole "joking around" thing is an excuse. Dallas was better before they traded for "serious guy" Rajon Rondo. Winning is about talent and on-court fit.

1 person likes this.
  5. Exiled

Exiled Member

Dirk deserve a better year , he paid another player so he can win.

Amare is their best player so far and this is shows you how bad this team became.

Ellis remind me of K.Martin can score sometimes but won't change the game outcome.

Parson played well above his potentials , a sidekick not a franchise's player.

Biggest surprise, Coach C look more of coach McHale last year, clueless .

Rondo is doomed , it's hard for him to sign another big contract.

Amino should be on DM radar

A healthy TC equal 60% healthy Dwight. A 60% healthy TC is Dorsey.

Cuban ruined it for everyone , Jameer N., Rondo, Dirk etc;

Charles Barkley does't have a clue of what championship team look like, no wonder he is ringless

6. a711

a711 Member

WOW

What was Stein even going for? This may be the most ridiculous thing he's ever said.

7. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

ever heard of sarcasm?

8. a711

a711 Member

Yes, but Stein's words don't hint sarcasm at all.

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The Mavs have a ton of problems. Dirk is looking old. Rondo isn't playing D anymore. Their backcourt can't shoot. Monta is still ball dominant. Parsons hasn't played D since his rookie year. Tyson Chandler has no backup. Honestly, all their problems stem from the first one. If Dirk were three years younger this would probably all work. At this point, he's half-decoy and half-main option and that isn't going to cut it. I hope Rondo leaves them in the offseason. I'm going to enjoy their descent into mediocrity.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LAEJiBANrhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. kjayp

I didn't take it as sarcastic either... just stupid...

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What's sad though is seeing Dirks final years go down like this.

Yes... I want the Mavs to fail miserably, but at the same time I respect Dirks greatness.

Right now the Mavs are a team whose best player is Monta Ellis (something we've seen before with meh results), and with surrounding pieces that don't really fit (which we saw before as well). The one unifying quality they could have had was Dirk playing at his peak again, and making all the surrounding pieces fit with him much like last year.

If Dirk gets back to being Dirk then this team still has a shot at doing damage. If he's lumbering around like he is now, and the team is relying solely on Monta and Rondo to attack the basket, then its going to be a rough transition from the Dirk prime years.

I hope they do actually make the playoffs though because if they dont that means the Pelicans are probably in, and the Rockets get a worse draft pick or don't have a 1st rounder at all this year.

13. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

That's not Amar'e Stoudemire..... That's Michael Jackson!!!

14. kjayp

what a ridiculous outfit... how can anything someone dressed like that be taken seriously... smh...

15. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

I think the ironic part of this is Cuban BLASTED Morey about chemistry and chemistry is what is destroying the Mavs entire season, while the Rockets (albeit from the eyes of a person a long way away) seem to have the best chemistry they've had in a long time

1 person likes this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/SBNationNBA">@SBNationNBA</a> <a href="http://t.co/z5fvM6Zdo6">pic.twitter.com/z5fvM6Zdo6</a></p>&mdash; Steve Noah (@Steve_OS) <a href="https://twitter.com/Steve_OS/status/575672886796615680">March 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this scrub appropriatedly dressed too like he just gots slaughtered at waterloo

18. txn

txn Member

It's funny that he mentioned the focus of the team, when he dressed up like a joker in the locker room....LMAO:eek::eek:

19. JazzLakerHater

Best team in Texas!

20. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Will any talking heads eat crow on talking up Dallas as a contender and proclaiming the Rockets would miss the playoffs with Howard?

Of course not.