1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fun times in Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Mar 11, 2015.

1. rocketblood713

All I know is everyone keeps saying they wanna face the Mavs in the 1st Round but this kinda reminds me of last season when everyone wanted Portland and well need I say more

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, that's true too... I don't know who I want the Rockets to face. In imaginary land I'd prefer they face the Lakers (Yes, I know that's not possible they're at the bottom), but at least I'd feel overly confident (for real this time)!!

3. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

And all the smart people like Stein, Hollinger and Barkley put the mavs above the Rockets, lmao.

By the way, Marc Stein is a dbag for this:
    "I'd submit that what Daryl Morey is really trying to do with his constant James Harden campaigning is trying to let the whole league know the lengths to which Houston will go to back its own players. The problem, in this case, is that so little has gone right for Harden since the infamous "King James" poster."

Hardens stat line since the "King james" poster: 28pts, 10.7ast, 6.7rbs, .446FG%, .933FT%.

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, thanks for stat line, Stein is basically pr for Dallas (can't stand him), and Barkley loves to hate on us. I think at one point he stated the Rockets were basically a 6/7 seed, lol.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I disagree. They're not playing as well as the names on paper look like they should be playing...but they're literally the oldest team in the league.

They were the beneficiary of the easiest schedule in the Western Conference for a very long time...their upcoming schedule is a nightmare.

They will only go so far as Dirk will take them...and Dirk isn't Dirk anymore. Not even close. Father Time is undefeated.

I see the argument for Toronto. They're young. I don't see it for Dallas.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree, I watch them regularly because thanks to Uncle Les they are the only team on TV in my area. Besides Monte Ellis, they don't have anyone to score consistently. Dirk really has declined, looks old and slow. Parsons hasn't done much and has been injured some. Amare looks pretty good, but Rondo can't stay on the floor. I would love for the Rockets to face them in the first round.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Agreed. The Mavs are a good team, but you could make a strong case they're not as good as any other team currently in the Western Conference playoff standings. You could even include the Pelicans in that group. And I certainly don't think they're as good as the top teams in the East either. So on any given night, they can easily lose to any of those ballclubs. And guess what? That's who they have to play in most of their remaining games.

The Mavs have 16 games left. It wouldn't shock me if they lost as many as 10 or 11 of those. Not saying they will, but it's definitely possible. That might land them in 9th with the way the Thunder and Pelicans are playing.

8. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

They're 15-15 in their last 30 games. This isn't just a recent run of play. Real problems there.

9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Dallas is who we thought they were, a 7th seed at best.
    I thought that loser amare would be happy just to be in the playoff hunt.

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

So beautiful to see the drama in the Mavs locker room. They had a really exciting team earlier in the year, and these trades have totally killed their chemistry and stifled their fast pace offense. I just hope they don't miss the playoffs entirely, although that would probably be pretty damn enjoyable as well.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't know about that. I thought they could win as many as 55 games this year and certainly no fewer than 50(barring major injuries of course). And mathematically, they're still capable of finishing within that range. But it's also possible they finish with fewer than 50 wins which at the beginning of the season seemed unthinkable.

12. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

MFer 'Mar'e be like; "WTF is my MFing bath tub full of red vino"? :p

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

is pruyen back?! shastarocket = pruyen

14. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

The main difference being neither team had a bench last year. This year, our bench will destroy dallas's and we will kill them in a series.

I feel very bad for dirk. As much as I dislike dallas, it was pretty cool of him to take that big of a discount to win, and its blown up in his face

15. sabesque

sabesque Member

You have to admit its kind of ridiculous that HE decides to call out the rest of his team. Three weeks ago he was on the worst team in the NBA.

16. SuraGotMadHops

Fun times indeed...cheers!

[​IMG]

17. bmd

bmd Member

It doesn't remind me of that at all.

The Blazers were a good team all year and gave the Rockets a run for their money in the regular season. They lost some games towards the end of the season when LaMarcus Aldridge sat out a bunch of games when he had that bad fall that hurt his back.

This Dallas team has some serious flaws.

18. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Morey

19. rocketsmetalspd

Very true but Chemistry is key to everything, have to have that in order to succeed on the court.

20. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Telling me... Dallas is dropping fast in the West and is close to being out the playoffs?

[​IMG]