1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Full Jeremy Lin Highlights - 12 points, 8 assists 10/31/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by geraldd39, Nov 1, 2012.

1. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Gerald...thanks again for your highlights. I subscribed to your channel from the Knicks days so I don't miss anything.

2. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

need more vids of his defensive stops and all the charges he took

3. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

also will need the video of him eating before the game

4. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

FIFY ;)

5. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

I would rep this if I could, but I need to "spread it around."

I really appreciate your knowledgeable posts, and I don't feel you are a Lin homer or anything. You talk about the flaws too.

I'm really sick of talk about Lin's turnovers. Other players have just as many or more in a game, and nobody calls them a "turnover machine." It's really just about perception. Yes, last season, he really did have too many turnovers, but considering his inexperience, ball dominance, usage, etc., it wasn't terribly surprising. He's already improved in this area since last year.

6. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

He might be a TROLL too... who knows? :rolleyes:

7. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Thank you for the highlights geraldd, I've already watched them twice and then I remember it's only the HardLin duo's 2nd or 3rd game together and I have to fight back tears of joy :p
    You went there!
    [​IMG]

8. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Someone said troll?
    [​IMG]

9. zdrav

zdrav Member

What a GREAT decision it has turned out to be for Jeremy Lin to leave the Knicks and join the Rockets.

During the summer, the consensus seemed to be that Lin was leaving the most glamorous and exciting team in the world to join a hapless backwater squad that nobody cared about.

A few months later, and the Rockets look to have a bright future while the Knicks look ready to apply for their AARP membership.

2 people like this.
  10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I so shouldn't have laughed at this... But I did. ;)

Thanks to the OP for the vid post :)

11. Cadreaming

Cadreaming Member

Have to laugh at this. +1

Yeah, plus the fact that the Knicks' opening game against the Nets was rescheduled. It seems all the NY media watched Lin's opening game with the Rockets. NY Times even sent a reporter to Detroit to report on the game. Harden had a star-making game and most of the NY media was still focusing on Lin. And everyone thought Lin would be out of the spotlight after leaving Big Apple. ;)

12. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

I don't think Lin will ever truly fix his turnover problems, not without sacrificing his game.

I'm a huge Lin fan (evidently, from my join date) but he seems to get stuck in traffic and has a loose handle.

I'm liking the no look pass and backdoor cut to Harden though, looks like he's getting more confident in his passing.

He seems to be capable of making pin-point passes at the top of the key and on the break, that's where he'd make those great alley-oops to a cutting Fields or rolling Chandler and in the limited time he spent with Melo he made some fantastic leading passes on the fast break.

What Lin needs to improve is his bounce passes and decisions when he's in traffic, and learn how to pace himself and digest the game a little slower.

Of course, then there's his jump-shot which is erratic and he tends to keep a toe on the line when setting for 3s. Now that Harden is here hopefully Lin will be able to demonstrate that he can play off-ball and hit the outside jumper and exploit the opportunities that will be presented to him when defenses try to key in on Harden.

Hopefully McHale can tailor to the strengths of Lin and Harden, as they can potentially complement each other very well, otherwise Harden may make a lot of Lin's game redundant.

13. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

enjoyed the video man! keep it up

14. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

you are making a false assumption LOFs dont like the Harden, trade and that he is here...

15. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

true most of the articles written about Lins first game as a Rocket, were from NY based papers/journalist

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He looked better. Despite a few silly turnovers late, he played well and controlled the tempo. He knows his role as a second bannana to Harden and runs the team well. Thats all you can ask of him.

17. t3ddt3ch

t3ddt3ch Member

18. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

Fixed that for you. :p

There are other factors, but I don't think it is a coincidence that Lin and Harden's game have gelled so quickly. It takes one to know one, and both have similar styles and basketball savvy to read each other ( disclaimer - not saying Lin is equal to Harden ).

19. numetal

numetal Member

20. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Ok, I am no basketball expert, just a fan, with my happiness at the mercy of this team.

I was soooooo happy when Harden sign with Rockets. Remember Deron Williams smack talking and saying that Felton is better than Lin? Right after that Harden signs with the rockets. LOL very illy timed comment.

If anything if Lin steps up and works along with Harden. He and the Rockets will grow.
    At what rate who knows?