1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fußball] World Cup 2006

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DrLudicrous, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

didn't serbia and montenegro split?

how will this affect it's national teams?

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Hispanics are counted as Caucasians in the US census. Sorry, cracker, no brown bands for you. ;)

3. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Yes they split, but it won't be effective until after the World Cup. Serbia will be good, Montenegro will be terrible.

4. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

whoooaaa, tipjar price...slow down man....how about a sig bet?

nothing you've said in this thread is relevant to soccer

5. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

yeah its going to be a little strange, but most of the athletes are from the serbian part anyway. theres only like 500,000 citizens in montenegro, and a very good amount of them actually consider themselves serbian. its going to be a messed up situation in the future, but theyre staying together for the cup.

i cant wait. and the games wont be in the morning hours like when they played in japan.

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
    OIH OIH OIH
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
    OIH OIH OIH
    AUSSIE
    OIH
    AUSSIE
    OIH
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
    OIH OIH OIH

7. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

The dutch will play good, And go a long way, they are actually lucky with the teams they have to face IMHO

I hope the aussies will do good(with such a coach they have to)

I think the USA will be able to beat Italy, but i think czechs will be more difficult. But they should get into the second round

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

ALL (especially RocketMan95 ;) ): the Chronicle has let me down once more this past Sunday. I am speaking from a U.S. Fan's perspective. What? Oh, I guess you don't buy or receive the Sunday paper? THe front picture of the World Cup preview supplement has MEXICO's Borgetti. WTF? Why not add Landon and Beaz pointing at us? ;) Still, news coverage on soccer SUCKS. I hope they shape up for the daily report... f*ck*rs... :mad:

CreepyFloyd and RocketFan007... can you just complete this bet, please? I hate this bickering... get it done before the cup starts!!!!

arno_ed, I meant to look for you here, but hadn't seen you around here... great game against Mexico, you Netherlands dudes... our A team against your B team? :(

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You guys have a tough tough group to get through. I see 1 of 2 things happening. The group is so tough that it saps Holland and Argentina for the 2nd round OR vice versa. It makes them tougher and the both meet up again.

Holland has always been my 2nd favorite behind the US.

10. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

SwoLy-D: i have been in South afrika for 4 months (in the middle of the bush, without electricity), so i haven't seen many (or any) soccer games.

leroy420: i think it is a good thing that the dutch have a difficult group, because with this group of players the dutch seem to struggle against the lesser teams, and play good against better teams.

I'm not really impressed by ivory coast, for some reason i do not see them as a good team, they have some good offensive players, but their defense is not all that.

11. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

I saw an interview with Donovan where he said something like 'could i be a better player if i went to the EPL or another European League? yes, but i'm enjoying playing in the MLS.' i don't care for that attitude.

don't underestimate the ivory coast with the toure's, eboue, drogba and some others they can hurt someone.

i think the US gets out of their group and england wins it all.

12. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

13. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

14. SwoLy-D

15. RocketFan007

No, if they both win their groups, they could only meet in the final. They'd be on opposite sides of the bracket.

16. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

You're right, I thought they still stayed on the same side of the bracket regardless of how they finished.

17. RocketFan007

I didn't realize there had been bickering. Anyway, he doesn't want to make a tip jar bet, and I'm not interested in a sig bet, so there will be no bet.

18. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

no bickering at all and it seems like there will be no bet...i'm glad to see knowledgeable soccer fans on here who are passionate about the teams they support

19. SwoLy-D

RocketFan007 and CreepyFloyd... you two should lay an egg, you CHICKENs :p .

leroy420... wanna show'em how? :D

SOMEONE PLEASE call into the 610 sports show... they're dissin' on the ties... they may have a point on the soccer racism thing, but on the ties situations, I guess they want a "shootout" type game like they had in MLS a while back... :rolleyes: they can't stand ties...

20. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

just for the record, here are my U.S. group stage predictions : US vs. Czech Rep 2-1, US vs. Italy 1-1, US vs. Ghana 1-0.
    Mexico vs. Iran.........well who cares :p