1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fußball] World Cup 2006

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DrLudicrous, Jun 2, 2006.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

"all Im saying is that I said more than what you said I said"

"Made"

2. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

what would u like to bet?

3. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Name your Tipjar price.

4. RocketFan007

Looks like we may be catching the Czechs at the right time, they have quite a few knocks right now:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=370039&cc=5901

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I think we can take care of the italians. it's the czechs i am worried about.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

In our group the USA will be:

Significant underdogs in one match : Czech Republic
    Slight underdogs in another : Italy
    Significant favorites in one match: Ghana

Personally, I think the USA is capable of winning all 3, but is also capable of losing all 3.

I think they will beat Ghana, draw with Italy, and lose to the Czechs for a 1-1-1 record and 4 points, and that MAY be good enough to get through.

I would be thrilled for a 1-0-2 mark and 5 points with draws against the both the Czechs and the Italians.

DD

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

US has a decent chance with all the injuries to the Czechs and Italians. I had them going at best 1-1-1

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm seeing 1-0-2, and getting five points to get out of this round.

9. RocketFan007

I think you need to switch the Czechs and Italians. The Czech defenders aren't very fast, and I think we're going to be able to capitalise on some quick counter attacks, with Lewis and Cherundolo at full back. I could see Italy murdering us 3-0.

10. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I think we can take the Czechs, they're having injury problems right now and I think our speed could give them problems. We could have Donovan, Beasley, Convey, and Johnson on the field which would make for a very fast line up, watching the Czech vs Saudi Arabia game the Saudis where able to create some good chances with their speed when they had the ball. The biggest problem will be moving the ball through midfield to get it into the attacking 3rd.

This is very true, the US is going to have to finish their chances a lot better than they did in their warm up games.

At the end I think all the teams are going to have about the same number of points (3-5), I don't really see any team dominating the group and goal differential will most likely be what determines the 2nd place team.

Here's a video made by Nike about Onweyu, there's some good footage of him and his rag doll.
    Gooch

11. RocketFan007

It looks like Onyewu will be yet another American playing in the Premiership next season. The British press claims Onyewu to Middlesboro is all but a done deal.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I think we'll be seeing a few more Americans making the move after this WC. While Donovan should, he's not going anywhere. It makes you wonder what he could be if he would just take that step. He doesn't have to go back to Germany. Go to England. Go to Holland. Go somewhere better than the MLS. He's going to peak at 24 when he could be so much more.

I could see also see Eddie Johnson and Clint Dempsey move if they have good showings.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Honestly, if Donovan doesn't have the motivation to go to Europe then he's just mentally not capable of being a superior player. I don't care if he's a homebody - grow up man. If you wanted to stay in the US, then you should have taken up baseball.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I agree totally. If he doesn't like Germany, fine. If he doesn't plan on playing in 2010, fine. If he wants to be the best player the USA has ever produced, get the hell out of here and go do it.

In the immortal words of Mr. Mackey, "Don't be such a P***Y!"

15. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Italy is the only lock from this group. The rest of the teams all have a shot. Ghana has played really well together in their friendlies(for the first time...since they always had someone injured...if they do lose someone to injury again! then that team is gone...they are not very deep...as of right now though they have the best mid-field in the group.) With the Czech you don't know what you are going to get...they have some older star players...depends on if they show up to play.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

http://www.nike.com/standupspeakup/en/home.jsp?page=home Where are the BROWN bands and the YELLOW bands? No fair, man... they're only standing up for the blacks and the whites... :( What about us browns and yellows?? :mad:

jk.

I've said it before. Mexico had what you guys are calling a tough draw for the Americans now in the 94 and managed to be on top with goal difference after being 1-1-1 with THREE European teams. The Americans will have a tough time. I saw that tall dude from the Czech republic (tallest at 2.02meters in the tournament)... booOooy he looks TOUGH. :(

17. RocketFan007

The game very well may come down to how Gooch defends Koller.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

reading through this, i'm even more excited. i love that the US is an underdog in this draw. i love it. can't wait for it to start up!

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

k, Cool.

Is that the new "it" thing?

I want one or six.

I didn't jump on those sooo coool Livestrong ones quick enough.

I'm buying me ten.

20. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

i think the us is very underrated and WILL make it through the first round, and i think we will beat the czechs. i just think the czechs are a lil overrated.

speaking of underrated though, i may be a homer, but serbia/montenegro finished first in their qualifying group which included spain. they got an awful draw, but they are being discounted as last place in the group right off the bat. what exactly has ivory coast done to make them favorites over serbia and in some cases argentina? theyre very athletic but they do not play to their potential sometimes. i think serbias got a great chance to upset and come out of that group.