1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FSC: Klinsmann To Lead US Soccer

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RocketFan007, Dec 5, 2006.

1. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/6227768

Here's hoping this is true.

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

That would be badazz...I hope its true too...

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

This would be incredible for US soccer. It won't launch us into powerhouse standards but this would definitely be a step up.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOL! :)

YAY! More foreigners!!!! :D

I'm sorry to say, man... but his experience won't help many U.S. soccer fans forget the 0-2-1 performance much... I mean, yeah, it will be an improvement. Hopefully it is.

EDIT: I am still looking to schedule that soccer get-together.

#4 SwoLy-D, Dec 5, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Did someone say.............SOCCER?

[​IMG]

6. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I'm a fan of Manchester United and all, BUT if you can't stand floppers in the dirk nowinski mode, then how can anyone stand ronaldo. A big momma's boy is what he is.

7. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

All I'm saying is, the man is HOT.

CALIENTE!

I don't even know what Manchester United is...

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm sure this is what's going to happen. Klinsmann is the natural choice. I'm more glad that the rumors about Pekerman weren't true. I didn't realize that the players were so pissed about not playing friendlies over the past few months. Klinsmann was really the only available candidate that can take the MNT to the next level.

I found this part of the article kind of funny...

Sports radio gives soccer a minute? Other than Rome's constant bashing of the game, when does sports radio give soccer even 5 seconds of airtime?

9. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

790AM has a 1 hour show every week about soccer and it was sometimes 2 hours during the Dynamo season. You can downlaod it from the chron's website at http://blogs.chron.com/soccer, just look at the past entries. But you're right, most of the time soccer is brought up it's to bash it.

And I like the choice of Klinnsman, he's played/worked/coached on one of the top teams in the world and knows how things should be done.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

GREAT NEWS !!!

As for flopping they need to start Yellow carding flops, and the other team needs to carry on playing......if they are going to be flopping, which is unsportsmanlike, then no need to kick it out of bounds.

PLAY ON !!

DD

11. RocketFan007

The Premiership has already adopted this rule.

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I had forgotten until you brought it up... :mad: ;)

Your sig needs to change...The worst mistake was not drafting VY... :cool:

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:( You might need to see the Texans @ Titans thread. :( While I agree with you, I can't change it until after December 10th.

Well, are you interested, or what? You coming down for it?

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Is there not a thread in this entire bbs that Vince Young can not be brought up?

I know. I know Glenn Davis from my youth days of playing against his teams. We've also emailed a lot back and forth about issues, especially during the whole 1836/Dynamo fiasco. Nationally, though, there is nothing.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i'll play swols

16. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

This is great news for US Soccer. Wasn't there a thread about a week ago saying that Perkerman (former Argentine coach) was for sure going to be the new coach?

Have you watched Man-U this season at all? I hated C. Ronaldo until this season (and I am a HUGE Man-U fan) but he has not flopped this season like he has in the past. I think he is maturing and finally turning those flashy moves into something that actually helps the team win games.

17. RocketFan007

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=394740&cc=5901

US Soccer denies that a deal has been reached or that one is forthcoming.

18. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Yes, I have. Many games, in particular the "penalty" he earned for Manchester against Middlesborough. Tell me that wasn't a dive. If it wasn't, he deserves an oscar. I don't think he's stopped and the "dive" against Boro doesn't help his image much.
    I also remember the open goal he totally blew not long ago. Giggs gave him a perfect pass and he had no one to beat and shanked it over the bar.

I'm still hoping he has a good game tomorrow regardless, it would be a shame for Manchester to go out again in the CL stages.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

20. RocketFan007

The Boro penalty wasn't a dive. Why would he dive when he had already rounded the keeper and had a wide open goal? He rounded the keeper, stumbled, clearly tried to regain his balance, then fell.

I've been strongly against Ronaldo in the past, if you don't believe me go back and check some of my posts on this BBS. He has turned a corner this season has been absolutely brilliant. If he keeps playing like this he could be the best player in the world ina few years.

Now, can we please keep this thread about US Soccer and its coaching search?