1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fry em up

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Smokey, Jun 27, 2006.

1. RocketsFanSam

RocketsFanSam Contributing Member

well I hope they have fun in hell.. because their tickets are already punched

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I have no pity or remorse for those that show none to others. These people obviously care about no one other than themselves, and there is little doubt after their confessions that they are responsible. Death row in Huntsville better be making room for five.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

They aren't necessarily accessories. How about we have a trial first before we decide who should fry?

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Hooray! Let's turn this into another long thread about Works vs. Faith. Rhester, can you get us started? ;)

5. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

The way this case has unfolded has truly affected me, considering I know one of the brothers of the young lady that was murdered by these thugs. He's one of the nicest people I know.

I've always been hesitant about whether the death penalty is right or not, but for this particular case, it's pretty easy where I stand.

I hope they get the death penalty. End of Story. Consider that these thugs decided to let one guy live in a previous car-jacking because one of these 5 thugs liked him enough to let him live. Since this occured, the decision to kill the others in their future car-jackings is more than "just a mistake." They have to be accountable for their actions.

I don't want my tax dollars helping to keep these people, who have no regard for human life, monitored for the rest of their lives. As far as I'm concerned, they have lost the right to live, since they decided to take the lives of innocent people on purpose.

#45 JBIIRockets, Jun 27, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  6. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

They've admitted to it. If they said they did it, so can I.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I still oppose the death penalty, but I can't imagine being put in the shoes of the victims' families.

Despite the emotional upheaval, there'd be nothing I could do to bring back my loved one(s). Eradicating the culprit(s) wouldn't be the pound of flesh I'd want back.

8. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

It's not an insult. It's the truth. You wish to kill just like them.

9. halfbreed

Yeah, because I'm exactly like them.

I'm in favor of killing innocent people, right?

:rolleyes:

10. MR. MEOWGI

You want to kill.

11. halfbreed

OK. Thank you for your input.

It's real hard to see the difference between killing/raping innocent people and injecting these guys. Sometimes even I can't do it.

:rolleyes:

12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

What you're implying is insulting. halfbreed's not talking about going out and finding random people to kill. He's talking about punishing murderers legally in a socially accepted manner.

13. MR. MEOWGI

If you are insulted by the truth so be it. You want kill to carry out your objective, even if it seems noble and righteous and "socially accepted".

But it is really all the same - killing others to try satisfying your desires.

"There is no way to peace (especially a violent, killing way), peace is the way."

14. MR. MEOWGI

You want to kill.

15. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Meowgi is right.

16. halfbreed

It's not satisfying a desire. There is only one way to make sure innocent people never encounter these 5 again.

Yeah. Because war never solved anything like the Holocaust or anything. Peace only solves problems if it's a two-way street.

17. RocketsFanSam

RocketsFanSam Contributing Member

It is real easy to say execution is the wrong way to go, but imagine if it was your sister involved, or a close friend. None of us can even fathom what that family is going through for this senseless murder.

18. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

When a human loses compassion for fellow man, he is an animal, and should be treated as such.

The state has the responsibility to protect its citizens. If the family wants to forgive the murderer, that's fine. To some families DP provides closure knowing their loved one received justice. Actions have consequences. What is your most valuable possession? Your life, right? A normal person would think twice about taking another's life knowing he will end up on DR.

19. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I don't really disagree with the majority of this post. The morality of the death penalty is something that has to be individually decided upon. I don't have a problem with it. Is it killing? Yes. But would I lump myself into the same group as murderers due to my beliefs? No, I wouldn't, mainly because I still feel there's a distinction.

However, as neither of us are going to change the other's viewpoint on this topic, I'm going to stop talking about it as the morality of the death penalty wasn't the point of this thread.

20. MR. MEOWGI

It is satisfying a desire, and it's not the only way.

War didn't solve other holocausts from happening. It didn't solve holocausts. Only being peace can bring peace. There is no other way.