1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

from the mouths of one of the greats

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigrub, Dec 22, 2009.

1. bigrub

bigrub Member

I work in the service industry and today i was helping this gentlman out and after a minute or 2 i noticed he was one of the rockets greats. i cant unveil his name to to the fact that he has anther apt with my buissnes within the next week and hope to get some more insight on the team. i asked him what he thought of our team and he said that we had a good team but needed a big and spoke highly of yao. He then went on to say "we need to get rid of tracy". so i asked him why and he said because tracy was "sellfish and didnt want to play or help this team only when it favored him" any how this gentlman is one of the rockets greats and his jersey hangs in the toyota center so i think that says alot. dont get me wrong im not hatin on tracy by any means but he did have a point. sorry i didnt get a pic or reveal his name. who knows he might be on this bbs and after reading this not conversate with me when he returns . Next time ima try and get a pic or a autograph and deepr insight. :grin:

2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Ryan Bowen?

Also, apparently this Rockets' great has multiple mouths? Interesting.

3. bigrub

bigrub Member

na not ryan bowens oops ur right how do i edit that o well

4. raj87

raj87 Member

Most likely, you are speaking of Calvin Murphy, whose words should be digested with a grain of salt.

5. apxn82

apxn82 Member

Calvin Murply!

6. bigrub

bigrub Member

why you say that about calvin i think hes a good guy caught a bad break and the rox threw him of the air

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If it took minutes to recognize the guy then its either CD or Murphy. Murphy being notorious for being outspoken. Had you mentioned him say Francis was the best Rocket player it would be a lock.

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Nice to see CD admit that the McGrady experiment did not work out as planned.

9. htown11

htown11 Member

I didnt know Kelvin Cato was still alive...

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

CD is the man.

11. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I assume you aren't in the dictionary-selling business.

1 person likes this.
  12. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

pics or shens

13. verse

verse Contributing Member

Platinum post! LMAO!!

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

has to be clyde, i cant see murphy saying "tracy", he'd probably say "mcgrady" or "tmac"...CD on the other hand should be on a first name basis with Tmac by now..

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Paragraphs are your friend!

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

uhm it took you that long to recognize one of the 6 greatest players/members of the rockets? i mean its pretty obvious that its murphy everyone else you would have looked at twice at least because of their size

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing, I guess. Even at it's best the statement that you just regurgitated is pure speculation and carries no weight or significance at all when trying to make an educated guess or two as to what Morey's next move will be. Just because a Rockets legend thinks we should deal Tracy doesn't mean the actual organization shares that opinion.

18. hjg877

hjg877 Member

Did he have a mustache? Was he twirling a baton?

19. bigrub

bigrub Member

no sir I am not nice to see you can point out my mistakes though

20. bigrub

bigrub Member

one of the reasons that took me a while to notice was he had a hat on. no i dont think that morey will listen to the opinion of a great i just wanted to share what he said with yall.