1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[From Enemy Territory] Courtside at the AT&T Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kevC, Dec 2, 2013.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

So I lucked into courtside seats at the Rockets @ Spurs game this Saturday. It was RIGHT next to the Spurs bench so there was a little bit of good-natured heckling. Honestly, the people around and the workers there were so nice that I felt bad about being obnoxious.

Some tidbits:

-The guy in front of us turned around and said jokingly "If I got y'all some beers would y'all be more or less loud?" and got us some beers.
    -I was sitting next to an older couple and the lady also teased "I'll try not to hate y'all". I noticed that she was wearing the 2007 Spurs championship ring and asked if they were part of the ownership and sure enough, they were.
    -Could see very clearly the trainers trying to pop Boris Diaw's finger in vain. It was gross.
    -They have a very fancy "secret" lounge under the lower bowl seats with free food, beer, and wine. I know Toyota Center has one too but that place is so overpriced. They were cool with us taking two beers at a time to our seats.
    -The same guy in front showed us a laminated card of all of the names of the officials and we bonded over heckling the officials using their first names.
    -I'm so glad we won because it made going out to the bars on the Riverwalk and trolling all the Spurs fans that much more fun. There were also a ton of Rockets fans out so it was a great night.

Here are some pictures, they are mostly from pre-game warmups because I got way too into the game once it started. I have more pictures on my phone that I may upload later:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Hey Tim, sorry about your b**** of an ex wife". #heckling

[​IMG]

"Stretch out Tony, you're going to be sore after chasing around and being harassed by Patrick".

[​IMG]

We were on TV again (which is becoming regular)
    [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  2. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

3. just a word

just a word Member

any interesting things overheard from the spurs bench?

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Not really. Place was really loud and the end of the bench guys were pretty quiet. Lots of Pop rage-shouting though. I yelled at him to calm down at one point. I think my exact words were "Calm your balls, Pop. Damn!"

1 person likes this.
  5. kakaman

kakaman Member

No Morey pose? You fellas did not deliver, 1 star thread.

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

No but here's a picture of sad Manu. Maybe it can be a meme:

[​IMG]

7. Granville

Granville Member

I envy you. It sounds like a good time. Beating the Spurs is always a good feeling. To be that close to the action would have been sweet.

8. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Thanks for sharing, OP!

9. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Haha. Sounds like a good time.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Cool, thx for sharing!

11. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

I remember seeing you guys on TV several times. Way to represent our Rockets in SA! :cool:

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Calm your balls pop LOOOOOOL

13. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

If you ever luck in too tickets against the spurs again...I'm in S.A.

Just sayin..... lol

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It must have been glorious to be there and win a game like that. Nice job!

15. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Talk about court side ! Nice !

16. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

you mean two

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

KevC, cool read. It's nice to know the underbelly of the enemy!

18. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

glad you had a great time and the Spurs fans around you were cool to you. My experiences with Spurs fans up here in DFW have all been positive. They've been very nice and even complementary of the Rockets at times. I guess its maybe because we all bond over a general dislike of the Mavericks & their fans.

19. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Funny you should say that. Towards the end of the night, we got into a little confrontation with a group of Spurs fans on the Riverwalk that was eventually ended by both sides chanting "F*** the MAVS!"

20. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

I have to agree. I saw a game years ago in SA and I had a great time with the Spurs fans around me. My buddy and I were cheering the Rockets on and we led for the first 3 quarters. The fans did throw some napkins and straw wrappers our way but it was all in good fun. When the Spurs game back and won it, I had an old guy break dance in front of me and spin on his back. It was hilarious. But they were all really nice and the ribbing was good natured.