1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[from 2014]The return of Kyle Lowry?? Espn article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 45souf, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Lowry is an expiring contract, and Toronto may think they can't keep him, and in my opinion, they probably won't. They want to get something for him, like draft picks. We have some potentially good second round picks, and have our 1st round picks, and could possibly send a conditional 1st, as well as a couple of seconds. Toronto has a very large ethnic Chinese population. Jeremy would be very popular there. We have some young talent with potential, besides Jeremy, that we could include. Yet why would Morey do it? Lowry is going to want to get paid. He's 27 going on 28, and this is his chance to cash in. He's been improving year by year for a long time now, and has been consistantly good from the arc for 4 seasons, including this one, his best. He can drive and score, and drive and kick the ball out to open shooters. Really good pick and roll point. As we saw here before, he can defend. That's all going to cost money. I think he's a very good fit here, although he's a bit tempermental, so there's a risk. Is Morey willing to pay up? Does he do a rental? I have a hard time seeing Kyle here, but would be excited if we got him.

#61 Deckard, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Lowry would be a perfect fit with Harden.

Lowry has played off the ball, can defend SG's, he hits 3's, rebounds and moves without the ball.

To compare Harden to Gay is insulting.

3. rokit

rokit Member

terrible fit, averaged around 9pts during rudy gay era and was running pnr like all the time... dude can't play unless he's the #1 option ,might as well keep jeremy lin

4. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Lowry for Lin & Bev.

Hell yes!

Throw in McHale too!

5. bmd

bmd Member

Good post.

6. Nook

Nook Member

He didn't average 9 points playing with Gay..... and again, Gay is not Harden and Howard.

7. rocketblood713

Didnt he and McHale have problems lol I dont see it happneing even though I wouldnt mind it

8. HTM

HTM Member

Bye lin.

9. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Lowry might help us get rid of McHale too.

10. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

I miss Lowry a lot! He brings the same toughness to the team that Beverly does except he can also create on offense, finish at the rim, and hit the open 3. He's literally the perfect fit next to Harden in that he's a 3&D+++ player.

11. rokit

rokit Member

yeah he did... harden and howard are even worse, he won't be running pnr

shooting well this season tho, was around 38FG% since rudy came to toronto

12. klkl96

klkl96 Member

sounds you need a SG, not PG
    He won't be as good as now if what you ask him to do are these

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Oh I can imagine quite easily...:grin:, what I'm concerned about is that Lowry might not take kindly when Harden decides to do his ISO show, on top of Harden taken every 4 out of 5 plays off on defense. Lowry is intense, and I'm not sure Harden would change his game all around game for Lowry. Regardless, if the trade is on the table, you have to do it! Lowry would be a huge upgrade over Lin/Bev!

14. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Sounds like a good trade for Houston. But Lowry has been beasting since they traded Gay away and one of the main reasons they are now #4 in the east. Why would they give up something that important to them in their playoff hunt. Lin can be a detriment to them if he can't regain confidence or some mode of Linsanity there in Toronto. Too much a gamble for them.

15. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

While I think Lowry is better than Lin and a better defender, just remember that Lowry began his all star level play when Rudy Gay left. All of last year and the beginning of this year Lowry's production was below average when playing next to other players who demanded shots. I'm afraid if he comes to Houston we'll see similar results. While I agree he'll be a huge upgrade as a starting PG over Bev, don't be surprised if he only averages like 12 and 7 here.

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Nice, but I would throw in McHale First...;)

17. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

And the only way Toronto will agree to this trade is that Lin is producing similar stats as Lowry and showing he can still play pg effectively. Lin has been so demoralized by McHale's treatment that he is now slumping big time. If Houston wants to trade Lin, let him play starting pg again to rebuild his confidence and stats.

18. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Trade Lin & Greg for Lowry & Hayes
    I think it's a fair trade

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yes Lowry for Lin and pieces would be great for the Rockets.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The Chuckwagon is getting $6mill guaranteed next yr

Yes you read that right...

Send me Patsquatch instead!