1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[from 2014]The return of Kyle Lowry?? Espn article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 45souf, Jan 28, 2014.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is probably true, though I doubt Morey would trade both Dmo and Capela. Seems a little too rich for him.

2. GMNot

GMNot Member

Ditto. Jones? Likely. D-Mo? No. He is, arguably, the most consistent low post scorer on the team.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You mean the only consistent...

4. wink3

wink3 Member

No one is trading for Llul's rights.

5. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Here's the full quote (from Smoove's debut at MEM, with some words switched out): "The ceiling is below the roof. It's truly unattainable what this Raptors team wants to do."

6. Play07

Play07 Member

We're rumors that raptors wanted DMO for Lou will at deadline.

7. GMNot

GMNot Member

Well, I like to be conservative. ;)

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol your right, DMO for Lowry, how silly!

Maybe Jones, Papa and Dorsey for Lowry, 3 first, Derozan, Val and their smart GM would work?

Lowry has been an all star for the last 2 years straight. Lowry has led the Raptors to have their best 2 seasons in history.

But by all means, the Raptors should just give away their golden boy for Terrence Jones, because Motiejunas the role player is far too much to give up.

1 person likes this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, but that doesn't help us.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It is amazing how some people really think other teams are wholly content with sending us their stars for our role players. It's even more amazing that some people think it's crazy that that's even the case.

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Lowry's game fits perfectly for our team, getting him would solve a lot of our problems. But is anyone worried that he's so easily disgruntled? This is the second time he's been publicly unhappy with a team, teams that have been very fair to him.

12. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

I think the point was that you don't have to give up DMo, Capela, AND multiple picks to get it done. Take Capela out of the equation, and I think it's still a done deal. Or do the same deal you said, leave Capela, but swap in Jones. Both of those are a little much for me, but I wouldn't be upset if Morey did it.

Lowry had a pretty poor year shooting and taking care of the ball, and his playoffs were ATROCIOUS. I think that hurts his value a little bit. Not a ton, but his stock is certainly lower than it was after last year.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You can try to talk down Lowry, but you could just as easily talk down our best package.

Motiejunas is coming off of surgery, and at his best last year he was still just a role player. Capela is just a prospect (with upside), and these picks are the following

A mid first (18th)
    A late future first
    A early 2nd (32)

Odds are all of those picks turn out to be nobodies. That is a weak package for an all star, and we'd be damn lucky to get Lowry for something like that.

14. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Yep. I love the ridiculously one sided 'trade ideas' the posters on here come up with.

15. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Omg this dude is typing fire right now. You have to give up something to get something in return. It's a life lesson in general.

16. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

To be honest, I just don't value him as a top quality all-star. He made it because he's in the East and Justin Bieber tweeted the voting hashtag out and got about a million retweets from his fans. But that is a GREAT point about DMo's back surgery. I tend to forget that.

If anything, you use the Jrue Holiday trade as a template (but he was a 23 year-old all-star which is more valuable than a 29 year-old one).

In that trade, Philly got the #6 pick in arguably one of the worst drafts of all time and a 2014 first rounder (expected to be mid to late at that time). I wouldn't give up more value than that.

17. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

But to your overarching point, I do agree. Especially with Masai, it's gonna take a big package to get it done.

18. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Everyone is focused on Cousins, Lawson, Bledsoe..

Sounds like a perfect scenario for Morey to swoop in and snatch Lowry..

Only question mark is LLull.. What would that mean for him?

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Every GM in the league would trade Dmo for Lowry. It's a no brainer. Lowry is an all star PG Dmo isn't even close to his level. If torn to wanted DMO Morey would be all over that. Unfortunately the Raptors won't trade us their star for a bunch of role players.

20. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

Does a Beverly Sign-and-trade along with Jones and #18 get the job done?
    Is that even a possibility due to Bevs restricted free agent status?