1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[from 2014]The return of Kyle Lowry?? Espn article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 45souf, Jan 28, 2014.

1. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

If it gets Lin traded, I'm all for it. But I'm skeptical about Lowry's change of heart toward McHale.......

2. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

yes yes yes yes yes yes omg yes pleeeease!!! still luv u bae. mua muah

3. sutton

sutton Member

yes, deal

although Lowry will ask for 11-12m,

4. howardsucks

howardsucks Member

you guys give up too easy on jeremy lin. he's just 25 with so much to grow. having pat as teammate will improve his defense and he's shows he's CLUTCH and he's an amazing shooter and can be steve nash potential. he just needs more experience and chemistry and CONSISTENCY.

chill the f out clutchfans. one playoff loss and you want the team to blow apart. let them develop consistent chemistry and defense will flow once everybody knows each other.

PATIENCE!

5. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

If the Rox keep McHale and "Moreyball", for Lin's sake, he'd be better off traded.....

The problem is, if the Rox do keep McHale and "Moreyball", I'll feel sorry for the PG that replaces him. Unless he can make threes flatfooted like Harden. (And that's definitely NOT Rondo.)

I think it is no accident that Lin, Brooks, Lowry, and Dragic have all played demonstrably better on other teams.....

Lin or no Lin, I am already depressed over the prospects for the Rockets next season.

6. kastuul

kastuul Member

Lin+TJ+Bev for Lowry?

7. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Going forward I really think the problem is still at the 2 and 4 defensively. Obviously Harden is our franchise player at the moment so nothing we can really do about that, but the 4 position is different. We definitely need to upgrade that spot especially with the Blazers and OKC and the playoff matchup implications. Lowry is not the answer. We need a decent PF who plays great defense and is a great rebounder. As for the PG position, we could probably use a decent veteran player like a Mo Williams. (sorry to use him as an example LOL) We could also probably upgrade the 3 spot as well. Parsons is ok but preferably in a backup position. We also need a lockdown defender at the 2 to back up Harden. I really don't feel we need that "3rd star" to be a championship caliber team, we just need a combination of decent 2nd tier players and vets.

8. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Lowry and Harden will not work out. Especially if McHale is still here.

If Lowry wasn't willing to play 2nd fiddle to Dragic there's no way he would do it for a much younger Harden.

Melo is the only way to go if we want a big 3. Melo has the seniority to get Harden in line.

9. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Lowry plays just fine with a high-usage SG in DeRozan, a much more inefficient one at that. He actually excels in that role, as the 2nd perimeter scorer and primary playmaker.

10. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Kyle has some remorse over his attitude to McHale. Should he come back, the relationship would be OK.

However, I don't see how McHale's system (or No-system, as a CF said) works between Harden and a good ball dominant PG.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The issue with Dragic was that Lowry was relegated to the bench, Harden and Lowry would start alongside each other.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Patterson on Kyle, in Houston and now: &quot;The most important difference I've seen in Kyle is his ability to lose weight.&quot;</p>&mdash; Eric Koreen (@ekoreen) <a href="https://twitter.com/ekoreen/statuses/463382986650820608">May 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Play07

Play07 Member

6-23-15

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2015/0...on-the-move-knicks-on-the-outside-looking-in/

"According to several executives I spoke with, the Toronto Raptors are exploring trades for All-Star guard Kyle Lowry, former All-Star DeMar DeRozan and even Jonas Valanciunas, who is up for an extension this summer. According to these sources, Raptors GM Masai Ujiri wants to blow up this roster because he believes it has reached its ceiling, even in the weak East."

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

1st round pick and a choice of either Dmo or T-jones.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Nice! Too bad that's Sheridan reporting it.

16. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

playoff lowry was awful, i nkow hes not 100%, but I am worried ab out his back problem

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Well if this report is true then Ujiri is a smart guy; that team definitely reached its ceiling with Lowry leading it.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Sheridan is on basketballholic's subscriber list.

1 person likes this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Best news, I have heard for some time. Lowry respects McHale now. Don't give up Capela
    though. The Raptors seem to be under pressure.

How can Houston match Lowry's 12 M contract?

Dorsey, Jones, K-Pap, Prigs, and Johnson works straight up for Dorsey.

I don't believe in ESPN NBA fantasy trades, but it was amusing to see that.

Give them the 18th pick. That should work in theory, even if Prigs retires. Pay Dorsey's expiring contract to wash out the bitter taste in Toronto's mouth. LOL!

#299 saleem, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  20. NotChandlerParsons

basketballholic is Chris Sheridan.