1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[from 2014]The return of Kyle Lowry?? Espn article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 45souf, Jan 28, 2014.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Why not offer Lin, Dmo, our 1st rounder (I don't want to part with it, but that just might be the cost)....and, um, $2,000,000 (of the $3,200,000 each team gets per season to grease trades) to help cover the balloon payment.

And we get Lowry.

Lin would probably play better outside of Harden's shadow, and he'd pack the stands in Toronto, which has a large Chinese population. Plus Dmo would help them re-sign Valanciunas (I think they're from the same country)?

Use Asik and the rest of the $3.2 million (plus Jones?) to go after a PF who can both hit some shots and play some g.d. defense.

Millsap or, to a lesser degree, Patrick Patterson both shoot well from long range. It would fit this team's (somewhat shaky) offensive philosophy.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No doubt a sign and trade would be the way to go. My comments were in reply to a member asking if it was possible to get Lowry outright without and SnT deal.

But yes a SnT deal around Lin would be ideal.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

come back kyle pls I'm srs [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I think Parsons is on his way out regardless, so I think we should get something for him (Millsap) in a trade rather than just letting him walk, and that way we could hold onto Jones and have a great backup 4. Also with Lowry and Millsap on the team, we would need Thabo's defense a lot more than Parsons' offense.

5. uraherb

uraherb New Member

Lowry might cost too much. He gonna look for a big fat contract. Let's be real. This is his last fat contract year. We should develop Beverley some more. See if he can take the next step offensively (i.e playmaking skills) and see if he can stay healthy playing 30+ minutes.
    If Beverley can't we can always sign Rondo as a free agent after the 2015 season without needing to give any trade chips up.

6. Rox7

Rox7 Member

If I were Lowry, I would get McHale fired before joining.

[​IMG]

7. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Lowry did come out and say that his decision to leave Houston seemed rushed and he didn't give McHale enough time. Maybe he has a change of heart

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

9. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

I would so love the return of Kyle Lowry

and while we're at..... have Kyle bring 2Pat with him :)

10. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

11. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

CH Faints with a smile on his face.... :grin:

T_Man

12. prs325

prs325 Member

I'd rather have Lowry and Chuckwagon

13. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Would love to have Lowry back. I think Lowry is my favorite Rockets PG since Sura, lol.

#273 chow_yun_fat, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
  14. davli

davli Member

probably already posted
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ot-learning-more-from-kevin-mchale-in-houston

"I would have done things differently in Houston. I really respected Kevin McHale. I wish I would have had an opportunity to play for him longer. The things he was teaching me, well, I didn't understand right away. When you get away from someone, though, see it from the outside looking in, you go back and think, 'Damn, I could've learned some more things from the guy."

1 person likes this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah, definitely sounds like he wouldn't mind coming back under coach McHale.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lowry would make this team so much better.

Give me him or Rondo, doesn't matter.

17. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

lowry is a more realistic option than rondo and maybe a cheaper option in the long term. But we must wait to was going on with both of their knee situations. Then sign the healthier guy. me personally I prefer rondo.but if lowry told me yes first, I would sign him right there. because he's top 5 pg in the league right now, he almost led that trash team in toronto to the 2nd round.

18. rayfantastic

rayfantastic Member

Kyle's not coming as long as McHale's here.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Read the page before posting.

20. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

dont think he would ever consider b4 Milk Hair left.