1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Friedman]We've Got Your Big Boy Pants Right Here - Greg Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haoafu, Dec 5, 2012.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Don't forget: Smith is a very inexpensive contract. Personally, I hope Morey trades White and Morris, leaving Asik and Aldrich at C, Smith and Motiejunas at PF-C and 2Pat and Jones at PF. That gives us six big men, four each at the C and PF positions. If we could draft Steve Adams and a point guard this summer, Aldrich could be added in with a White/Morris/Toney/Delfino trade scenario or scenarios.

Next season I'd love to see the Rockets re-acquire Chase Budinger, although I don't think Adelman will ever willingly let him leave the Wolves. Bud is the perfect complement to Chandler, and he could make the six front court players just discussed even more effective.

2. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Greg Smith's theme song: My Poker Face

I luv seeing that stone cold granite face, zero expression. His play speaks for him. Houston we have another winner. Thanks Daryl!

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Smith has a pretty nice release on his FT. I wonder if he can develop a nice jumper like Haslem. If he can, he will be yummy.

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I like "The OX" or "The Country Ox" better :)

5. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Durv, cmon man.....just think about what you just wrote? You would hate to give up Greg smith, or D-Mo?? I'd send a limo to those guys house and send them packing if it comes down to getting a legit quality big man with a proven track record. These other guys in all likelihood will not pan out. I know u are mr.statstics and statistics are against them. Sure they are intriguing but at the end of the day i could care less if we trade them. I trust Morey!

6. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Sorry I'm a foreigner. Can someone tell me what is this "big boy pants" about? Many thanks.

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I love this guy's game. He reminds me of a smaller Nikola Pekovic. He's just so strong and finishes well around the basket. How many and 1's did he have last night? If we're going to trade for an established star it will take young players like Greg breaking out and boosting their trade value.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's just a way to say "grow up" or "be a man". Kobe use it to say Gasol should stop complaining and just play like a man, or big boy, in this case.

1 person likes this.
  9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

When a toddler goes from diapers to wearing underwear people call them his big boy pants

1 person likes this.
  10. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Oh I get it now. Thanks RV6 and Hayesfan.

11. jocar

jocar Member

You contend with these teams by overcompensating in your other positions, and by having multiple threats on a deep bench. Elite defense will also help level the playing field.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Reminds me of Ben Wallace type player,but with offense?

14. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Theoretically yes, but in reality you are talking about Denvor, Memphis.... They are super competitive but have very slim chance of winning it all in the Lebron/Kobe/Durant era.

I hope rockets can build around the young core and develop to become a championship favorite(not a boardline contender) in a few years like how OKC build their team.

15. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Hell no we wouldn't trade Greg Smith for Dwight Howard!

- Clutchfans

16. Sanity2disChaos

Repped...!!:grin:

17. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

A 6'10" Chuck Hayes would be a pretty dominant force in this league.

18. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

I've really liked Smith since the preseason. Was upset they kept playing Aldrich before his injury. Glad he got his time to shine and hope he continues to play well.

19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Coming into this season everyone was excited about TJones, D-Mo, and White. Now look who has emerged in the early part of this season, Smith, Morris, and Patterson. Youngest team in the NBA is now over .500, how often does that happen?

20. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

no doubt. I think we got a backup 5 guys.

The Rockets are on their way to being 2-deep at every position.

The Nuggets do this already, but for some reason they don't seem as cohesive as the direction this Rockets team seems to be heading.